What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Jackie Chan Police Story (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
Wow!

I didn't even know this was coming. Slipped in under the radar.

I have the HK release, so I'll wait for some reviews before I jump on this one.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The saddest thing about this is this:

I remember seeing the "car chase through shanty town" scene as a special feature on the Mr. Nice Guy DVD from New Line, and being absolutely blown away by the picture quality. Why did New Line pass on their rights to this title?

That said, they would've probably cut it, badly dubbed it, and put another $%@#*&-ing rap soundtrack on it. I suppose my MegaStar version will have to do, indefinitely…

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Todd -
Police Story is also available from Deltamac which i belive is all region. Hong Kong Legends has an anamorphic version if you can play Region 2 DVD's.
Deltamac also has Police Story 3 (Supercop) with it's original language and it's uncut. The quality of the Deltamac titles won't floor you but they aren't bad. On a 32 inch display or under the picture is decent. On larger displays it depends how picky you are.

Matt

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I have the Deltamac DVDs of all three Police Story movies, and they look pretty good on my 58 inch monitor, considering they're non-anamorphic. I would definitely recommend them as purchases until the day comes that they're released in anamorphic versions (uncut and with original language track of course!)

Madacy is also releasing a title called Jackie Chan: Who Is He, and I have no idea what this is... some rip-off quickie documentary? Surely not Who Am I... I think Columbia/TriStar has the rights to that.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_lis...515&format=DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks