What's new

Jack & Bobby (1 Viewer)

Xphile620

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Blaker
I'd give anything to see this series get a proper DVD release.

Seriously... I just don't get why this isn't out. First off, it featured a younger Bradley Cooper. Logan Lerman is a rising star and this was one of his first roles. Christine Lahti, a fantastic actress, should have won an Emmy for what's easily one of her best roles. It was created by Greg Berlanti, creator of "Arrow" and "The Flash" and "Brothers & Sisters." Jessica Pare and John Slattery of "Mad Men" play father and daughter. All that, plus the fact it was such an intelligent and well-written TV series that was cancelled for low ratings, despite critical acclaim.

It was once (and briefly) on Netflix as well as the short-lived WB streaming service, launched after the network folded. It used to be available on iTunes, but no longer (at least in the U.S). I have a bootleg release of the series, but the quality leaves a little to be desired.

Any ideas why something like this can't be released? I'd love to campaign for its release, but am not sure who might own the rights. Any chance Shout Factory or VEI might pick this up? I'd settle for an Amazon MOD release, anything for more of an "official" release.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Popping in with my usual contribution when the topic of this show arises.

While I wouldn't give anything to see the series get a proper release ( :) ), it is one of my 'Holy Grail' series and I would love to be able to revisit this series after so many years. It really was a terrific show that featured some wonderful writing, and I agree that it was an intelligent show in terms of its plots and its approach to its audience. It should have ran for much longer than a single season.

- Walter.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I loved this show as well and have been following Logan Lerman's career since.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I'd give anything to see this series get a proper DVD release.

Seriously... I just don't get why this isn't out. First off, it featured a younger Bradley Cooper. Logan Lerman is a rising star and this was one of his first roles. Christine Lahti, a fantastic actress, should have won an Emmy for what's easily one of her best roles. It was created by Greg Berlanti, creator of "Arrow" and "The Flash" and "Brothers & Sisters." Jessica Pare and John Slattery of "Mad Men" play father and daughter. All that, plus the fact it was such an intelligent and well-written TV series that was cancelled for low ratings, despite critical acclaim.

It was once (and briefly) on Netflix as well as the short-lived WB streaming service, launched after the network folded. It used to be available on iTunes, but no longer (at least in the U.S). I have a bootleg release of the series, but the quality leaves a little to be desired.

Any ideas why something like this can't be released? I'd love to campaign for its release, but am not sure who might own the rights. Any chance Shout Factory or VEI might pick this up? I'd settle for an Amazon MOD release, anything for more of an "official" release.

I only saw the show a couple of times, toward the end of its run. I remember thinking it was pretty good, especially for a WB series. I'd be curious to watch the full series if it ever does get a release.

Also, for the sake of accuracy, Greg Berlanti was an executive producer and writer on Brothers & Sisters, but Jon Robin Baitz was the show's creator.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks