What's new

I've got a new dog! (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
An update on our own family.

My son Andy, who also has a Golden Retriever, has just gotten a puppy.

This is puppy Jack surrounded by (from L to R) his 8-year-old brother Zeke, Pete, Ernie and Sophie.

full

I guess we could start a basketball team now...
Yeah but Who's on First :D?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks James. I really enjoy your posts here. I'm thinking of getting two dogs. It might be good to have two dogs to keep each other company. Plus your pictures (and those from Mike Frezon) prove how happy the dogs (and owners) are.

I'm waiting until next Spring to make my decision even though life without a dog is pretty much what I expected. Much less fun.
Thank you. I wish I had muted the video. I sound like a dumbbell lol but Bucky is a damn cute Muppet. I have the one of him and Bethany now on my desktop.

Getting Bish and Bethee took away anxiety, panic and depression like a magic potion. That is true! Four dogs takes a lot of time but I never regretted having four and I'm now going to say I'm lying about that I did. lol but just for a small moment in the first week when I said what in the name of Lassie have I done!! Puppy blues! Now we are all on each other's schedules and it couldn't be better. Bishop is so amazing I can't even start to explain. (typed all that as Bishop is seriously behind me humping his sister as she is growling and getting ready to kick his butt. I had to read that that is a plaything and nothing more suitable for deep woods Arkansas).

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I got Bish and Beth in May but they stayed damn clean! All the backyard jumping, rolling, digging, kicking up more dust than a smasher up derby, racing around like they were chasing that fake rabbit thing at the track...the stuff just fell off and got washed off when they peed in the rain. Their coats are like superhero magic in a marvel movie. I want a suit made of that. Well, not a dog suit but a... well, damn that went wrong. sorry. ...Starting again...

No baths for my group since May!! So I decided to spread it over 2 or 3 days. Bish first to see how much damage he did to my body. He didn't want go in so it started there! He could just step IN! I told him that. Nope. So I picked him up. Then I put him back down. (The very first time I went to get kibble from the store after getting them they had dropped the bag size from 52lbs to 48, same price. After that it was 46lbs same price. Then finally last week 44lbs of Purina was $3 more than 52 was. PEWrina! Bish's size? From 43lbs to whatever weigh makes me sound like the dead lift champ in the olympics when I try to put him in the bath tub.) I got him in but he didn't want to be in so he tried to come back out and scratched my foot to show how much he would rather go to the other room and eat more gourmet kibble. But he didn't hear my back tell my arms to STOP HIM! So he was in for now. And...I forgot to put in the no slip mat! Crap! We started the water and I knew he was going to be fine. He did good! He was sitting but after we got him soapy with some smelly pomegranate dog shampoo his back end tried to slowly, very slowly, slide around towards the drain. He also looked at the wall a lot. Finally he put his nose in the soap dish. A really good boy. After, I dried him off with 2 towels and let him out in the house. He was pretty dry in 30 minutes. And by bedtime he was completely dry. I knew he and Kayla were like twins and now I know because she is the same way. Something to look forward to next bath time. I ended up washing them all. Only other problem is Bucky deciding his bath was done right after I put on the soap and jumped out but I let him know there was more so back in he went. I've never done four in one day in the bath tub. (my back: no...you haven't, you bastard!)

Kayla loves baths. She's just mad because she went last.
Kayla: "Pomegranate? You're making us all smell like pomegranate?!"
2022 1120 Kayla 1e.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Thank you. I wish I had muted the video. I sound like a dumbbell lol but Bucky is a damn cute Muppet. I have the one of him and Bethany now on my desktop.

Getting Bish and Bethee took away anxiety, panic and depression like a magic potion. That is true! Four dogs takes a lot of time but I never regretted having four and I'm now going to say I'm lying about that I did. lol but just for a small moment in the first week when I said what in the name of Lassie have I done!! Puppy blues! Now we are all on each other's schedules and it couldn't be better. Bishop is so amazing I can't even start to explain. (typed all that as Bishop is seriously behind me humping his sister as she is growling and getting ready to kick his butt. I had to read that that is a plaything and nothing more suitable for deep woods Arkansas).

It seems like you have a fine family there.

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I think the same can be said for Labs too.

I lost my lab (Olive) right as the pandemic was getting in started. That was a torturing experience sitting in the car outside the emergency vet and just waiting and waiting.

It took us a couple of years before we wanted to do the dog thing again (and probably only because my brother was getting a new dog, and the breeder had one or two left. The idea of having sisters was too hard to pass up.)

(Also - we tried the adoption route first. None of the humane societies around had anything other than pitbulls (which we couldn't have due to rules) and elderly chihuahuas (it wasn't the age that I was against.) We even tried one of the Lab rescues around, and even though they "approved" us, they told us that they probably wouldn't ever let us adopt. They made me feel like WORST possible potential dog owner ever, and I'm not.)

Anyways, we picked up little Rocinante at 6-weeks old in early August of 2021. I forgot how hard puppies were (plus the added challenge of living in an apartment on the second floor.) My wife was in tears almost every day with this little raptor dog. She was just out of control all of the time it seemed. But she was just a puppy

We bought and moved into a house this past August, so Roci was a little over two, and she changed almost immediately. It's almost like she knew this was her place, and she needed to be calm and good and quiet. We can leave her outside in the back yard for hours and she just explores or lays on her bed on the porch. Our next door neighbor even double checked that we had a dog because she never saw or heard her.

It's just been great.

Wow - that's a long response to a meme about how a dog is a terror for 3-36 months. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks