What's new

It Came From Outer Space: THE HTF 3D ADDICT REVIEW (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I didn't know that Bob and the folks at the 3-D film archive were involved with this until I saw this review. Congratulations guys! I hope that Universal (maybe Warner Archive?) continues with your involvement!

Reg Hartt

Auditioning
Too bad the short is not included as I was looking forward to it. At that price however any complaint is ridiculous. As with everyone else I eagerly await this. I have the Sensio version of TAZA so I know how great Monument Valley (John Ford Country) looks in 3D. Hopefully we will see Universal's entire 3D library on Blu-ray followed by RKO, Warners, MGM, Columbia, Fox and the rest. Just got the Rhino VHS of ROBOT MONSTER 3D. Boy, that deserves the full 3D Film Archive treatment as does HANNAH LEE and CAT-WOMEN.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I didn't know that Bob and the folks at the 3-D film archive were involved with this until I saw this review. Congratulations guys! I hope that Universal (maybe Warner Archive?) continues with your involvement!

I don't think Warner Brothers allows anyone to work on their titles unless you do it on their site.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Does anyone know if this will make it out to stores on October 4?
I sent an email to Best Buy. They said basically that although all their stores may not choose to stock it, it will be an in store item as of Oct. 4.
In other words, if you want it on, or around October 4, pre-order! :)

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
However, I don't believe the BB exclusive applies to Canada, so if you want it, order from Amazon. No other retailer is listing it yet.
True. Best Buy Canada only lists the old 2-D only DVD version! :P

Hopefully, none of we Canucks mistakenly order that DVD, though I fear it's inevitable that a few probably will! :(

Just to spell it out a bit further, for Amazon orders, the choices are Canada (amazon.ca) and the UK (amazon.co.uk), as U.S. Amazon of course, won't have it presently, with the current U.S. based Best Buy exclusive!

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Just got the Rhino VHS of ROBOT MONSTER 3D. Boy, that deserves the full 3D Film Archive treatment as does HANNAH LEE and CAT-WOMEN.

Been there, done that. I agree, but a thread was recently locked because of the heated sentiments about these titles.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Currently marked down to $10.49 Canadian on Amazon Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01J4WTINE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I'm really glad I combined this with my DRACULA (1931) Blu-ray order when I did, as I still get free shipping, even though the latest markdown dropped it below the $25 (Yeah, Amazon Canada DOES have some pluses!) minimum! :)

Off Topic, but related to my above posting, I just discovered a few hours ago that Amazon Canada now requires $35 worth of orders for free shipping eligibility. Going by the September 18 timeline of my combined IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (1953) / DRACULA (1931) order, this must have just occurred very recently.

Not that I'll likely bother with this, but I wonder whether Amazon Canada will also start adding extra perks to their currently bare bones Prime service?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Off Topic, but related to my above posting, I just discovered a few hours ago that Amazon Canada now requires $35 worth of orders for free shipping eligibility. Going by the September 18 timeline of my combined IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (1953) / DRACULA (1931) order, this must have just occurred very recently.

Not that I'll likely bother with this, but I wonder whether Amazon Canada will also start adding extra perks to their currently bare bones Prime service?

$35 is good. $50 for US.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
$35 is good. $50 for US.
True, but Amazon Canada STILL lacks a lot of the Amazon U.S. options, such as Digital Downloads for Movies and TV shows, and no streaming, either. About the only option that we do have in the way of digital downloads are the Kindle Books.

Don't get me wrong - I do much prefer physical media. I just find it a bit frustrating that the few times I tried accessing the digital download option on Amazon U.S, I was instead greeted with a copyright notice. As I said, Amazon Canada simply doesn't offer that option, at least not yet, and frankly, I don't see any good reason that as neighbors, we should be so damn far behind in this! If/when physical media does fade in the sunset, so to speak, I don't want to be left without ANY options! :unsure:

I do realize that this and the increased amount to qualify for free shipping aren't one and the same, per se, but hopefully it might be a sign of some traction on Amazon Canada, that might include some increased services in the near future?

But I've seriously digressed from the topic at hand!

4 copies of IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (1953) = Free Shipping on amazon.ca! :D

Christmas is coming, after all!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks