What's new

It Came From Outer Space: THE HTF 3D ADDICT REVIEW (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
got my e-mail that mine has shipped as well, but if you pull up the tracking I think it means that the label was printed, unless something has changed, think this USPS, shipping, so I don't expect it Tuesday, but if it did show up then, well I wouldn't complain, it would go into OCT horror/Sci-Fi 31 day marathon.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
got my e-mail that mine has shipped as well, but if you pull up the tracking I think it means that the label was printed, unless something has changed, think this USPS, shipping, so I don't expect it Tuesday, but if it did show up then, well I wouldn't complain, it would go into OCT horror/Sci-Fi 31 day marathon.
Mine said it was waiting to be picked up by the post office :cool:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
it.jpg

JeffT.

Deceased Member
12810.jpg

Well, it's (truly) an incredible age that we live in.

I remember reading an article in FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND about the 3D horror and science fiction movies of the 1950s (being a specialty periodical its focus was somewhat narrow so other 3D genre films weren't addressed) and at the time the idea of actually seeing any of these movies in this eccentric medium was just a forlorn wish. Even 13 GHOSTS (1960) was covered in this article. And I always wanted to see the Illusion-O effect.

Now due to the tremendous efforts of a dedicated group (which cannot be minimized) and with the advanced technology available it has become reality.

I can't but wonder though couldn't these 3D visuals all be achieved on today's (advanced) high definition viewing screen itself without the necessity of cumbersome head-eye gear? Surely nowadays the available (or potential) technology is there to successfully achieve this so the idea of requiring any special viewing aid wouldn't be necessary at all. Simply insert the disc and watch!

Very much like the 1950s they seem to be going about this the roundabout way. It's still the same old idea of requiring special glasses to see the dimensional effect. And if you examine the pictures of a movie audience back when of fine, well-tailored ladies and gentlemen all (ridiculously) donning giveaway cardboard glasses, it's every bit as silly as it looks. Really.

If accomplished I think that it would make 3D much more accessible to the average individual who (like myself) doesn't really take to the idea of requiring those wired clunky viewers.

There always has to be forward movement on these things because sooner or later the necessity of requiring special (and extraneous) hardware is going to be outmoded (and unpopular). If it hasn't already.

it%2Bcame%2Bopening.jpg

Jeff T.

:unsure:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
So this isn't available at amazon in the US? Because I just went to order it and it ain't there. Very tiresome. Was this a Best Buy exclusive and why do they do that? It's so stupid. And, of course, Best Buy is out of stock. I'm done with this kind of thing - just more of the Salem's Lot horse manure. Sale lost.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
It's a Best Buy exclusive in the US. Which isn't a big issue since the price is only $10 plus $4 shipping fee.

Here is the product page. LINK

It's not "out of stock". It's currently a pre-order. The release date is Tuesday, October 4th.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's a Best Buy exclusive in the US. Which isn't a big issue since the price is only $10 plus $4 shipping fee.

Here is the product page. LINK

It's not "out of stock". It's currently a pre-order. The release date is Tuesday, October 4th.
Yeah and mine is delivering today.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Ordered mine from Amazon UK, which isn't shipping until Oct. 18th! Hopefully it will get to me before the end of the month...this one's on the Halloween viewing schedule.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
So this isn't available at amazon in the US? Because I just went to order it and it ain't there. Very tiresome. Was this a Best Buy exclusive and why do they do that? It's so stupid. And, of course, Best Buy is out of stock. I'm done with this kind of thing - just more of the Salem's Lot horse manure. Sale lost.

Why not just order from Amazon.ca? Do you know your dollar is worth roughly $1.25 here?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese

Yes, it's a BB exclusive for now. The original product link got changed, which is probably why you got the Out of Stock notation.

THIS is the current active link. It's shipping.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I should receive both The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and It Came From Outer Space today. I'm a happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks