What's new

ISIS Coming!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
You're absolutely right; it is the Damnation Alley craft that's by the freeway. I guess I can't link it, but I found a website dedicated to the D.A. craft and here's what it says on that page:

"First off ARK II (a 15 episode Flimation series form 1976) had nothing to do with Damnation Alley's landmaster! Really! Stop taking about it it messes up people searching for the Landmaster it on the internet. Just like the sentence above will do in a month or two : ) While the vehicle in ARK II was very cool it was taken apart the next year to become the front of the Strar Seeker in Space Academy. Ark II page coming next year!"

Seems I wasn't the only one who confused those two vehicles....!

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I think the boxed set art for The Secrets of Isis is great.

Any updated official word on whether or not the three crossover Shazam episodes will be included in the Isis set?

Or, if not the live action version, then maybe a bonus cartoon or two of the animated Isis as part of the Freedom Force?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Well, those have already been released on the Space Sentinels/Freedom Force set, do I doubt they'd put them out a second time. Also, the set's going to be stuffed with extras as it is, so I think space was a bit tight to bring over material that's available elsewhere.

August Ragone

Auditioning
Cool. This will be interesting to see after all of these years since I have not been tempted to pursue illegal copies of these. I was under the impression that most American television series were shot on 35mm, since most early filmed television was (HIGHWAY PATROL, I LOVE LUCY, etc.). I'd be interested to read more about how Filmation produced these from an inside source or records.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I love the box art for this set and I have fond memories of this show. I'm planning on picking this set up, as long as the price is right. I haven't seen this show since the 70's, hopefully I will still enjoy it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Since David Levine's name is brought up, I'll mention that he's the person behind the design of that incredible-looking box cover! Don't you agree he did a fantastic job with it! :eek:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Yes... it is a fantastic looking box! I can't wait to see this show again.Not only getting to see something most of us haven't seen since out childhood... but to have the opertunity to share it with our children now! I just love the TV on DVD phenomenon! :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I am David's and BCI's biggest fan. I am very excited to see this coming out, cant wait. They did a wonderful job on Ark II, Space Academy, and Jason of Star Command. On the animation end i loved seeing Flash Gordon again as well. All these shows had better extras than any 70s kid shows could hope for, not to mention better extras than almost any vintage TV show on DVD.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Yeah... when I first heard Isis was coming out I was somewhat excited as I barely remembered it from my childhood. but the more I read about the show... the more I thought about sharing it with daughter now... the more excited I got about it.

Then when tvshowsonDVD.com brought us the Official Press Release that listed all the extras and such... and I really couldn't wait... and let me tell you... this set is loaded... especially considering that it is going for only $21!

Now only if July 24th would hurry up and get here! :P

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I saw the press release and found it rather curious that Joanna Cameron is not mentioned on any of the bonus material.

I'll be snapping this set up in any case, just like I snapped up most of the Filmation product that has been put out to encourage more releases that will need more rights clearences and need to be released on different (usually Warner Home Video) labels

I's talking about Shazam!, Lassie's Rescue Rangers, The New Adventures Of Gilligan and more.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

She's mentioned at the bottom of the release:

Note from TVShowsOnDVD.com: The word from Isis special features producer Andy Mangels is that show star JoAnna Cameron declined to participate in the extras on this DVD set. He went above- and-beyond the call of duty, we understand, trying to get her involvement in the supplements. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

Yup, like I said, it's curious. I mean, a few posts ago a person that met Joanna Cameron said she had a petition at her table to get Isis put out on DVD. Now she declines to participate when it is forthcoming.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
BCI is not that big a company. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay her what she wanted for her participation. Maybe she was too busy with her current business activities to fit it in with BCI's production schedule and deadline. There are many reasons we are not privy to as to why someone from a film or TV show is not involved in its DVD release.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed! Count me in! Just made my pre-order on Amazon.com today!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm glad this is going to be so cheap, now I know I will definately buy it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Yeah... I noticed that earlier this month... and already canceled my pre-order with amazon and ordered it with Deep Discount. And today while checking my bacnk account online (I used my debit card) I noticed they already are taking the money out of my account... so looks like this one should ship either today or tomorrow. Which I guess sounds about right... as I went with the free shipping... which can usually take a good week to a week and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks