What's new
World Wide Stereo

Is this package from BestBuy any good? (1 Viewer)

eshoukry93

Auditioning
Real Name
ehab
Hey guys,

I think this forum is wonderful and you guys have definitely spent some time learning your stuff.

I was wondering what you thought about this package that Best Buy is offering for $999. It includes:

Yamaha HTR-5940 780W 6.1 Receiver

Klipsch speaker complement includes Quintet 5-channel horn-loaded surround system and 420-watt 10" sub for deep impact (additional rear speaker, sold separately, required for 6.1-channel reproduction)

Yamaha DV-S5950 progressive-scan multiformat DVD player with digital photo viewer, MP3 playback, DivX Ultra certification and HDMI digital A/V connectivity

I've already figured out that you are not fans of HTIB's. I have a $3000 home theater budget and my TV is eating up about $1500 of it, so I have $1500 left for a receiver and speakers.

Here's the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....7&type=product

Best Buy did have a display setup where I got to hear several of their bookshelf speakers and I liked the way the Klipsch sounded so I'm applying that to the quintet series.

I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thanks.

728x90

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
ehab,

This really isn’t a HTIB, but a regular system with separate components that have been bundled into a package. It’s probably just fine – I like Yamaha gear myself. But since your budget is $1500, I’d pass on the Klipsch system and get this one from SVS for $999. It’s about the same price as the Klipsch set would be unbundled, and it’ll blow the Klipsch away. That with the Yamaha seperates should keep you in the $1500 range.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks