What's new

Is there a Blu-ray of What's Up, Tiger Lily? (Woody Allen,1966) (1 Viewer)

Walter P. Thatcher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
This may be old ground to trod, but I thought I read about an upcoming Blu-ray of What's Up, Tiger Lily? sometime within the past two years. I haven't seen anything since, or did I have a fever dream? I did a search of some of the threads in which WUTL? is mentioned, but didn't turn up anything. Admittedly, it wasn't an exhaustive search so I may have missed something important. But, I am convinced I must have read something about a then-imminent Blu-ray release because I sold off my DVD. Yes, I can kick myself now for not holding onto the DVD until I had a Blu-ray replacement in hand. Uggh, lesson learned the hard way! Does anyone know if there was, or still is, a planned Blu-ray of WUTL? Or did Tiger Lily pass me by?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
This was a fun one, it looks like Sandpiper Flms are doing BD Woody Allen titles, coming soon. Sad this isn't in those but there's always hope!!

Walter P. Thatcher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
Woody Allen has disowned the film and wants nothing to do with it. I don't know if that has anything to do with its absence from home video.
I didn't know that, thank you. It makes sense. I wonder how the film was ever released on home video at all?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know that, thank you. It makes sense. I wonder how the film was ever released on home video at all?
Since Allen has emerged as a spokesman for film artists' rights and to protect their films from being colorized, edited etc. without their express permission, he has said he regrets that he took someone else's movie and mutilated it into something it wasn't intended to be.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Woody Allen has disowned the film and wants nothing to do with it. I don't know if that has anything to do with its absence from home video.
it did come out on dvd because I have a copy...but it sure would be nice to add a BD version!!

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Really funny film but it seems that way too much time is spent restoring third rate slasher pictures to 4K than getting deserving films out on even Blu-ray.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Really funny film but it seems that way too much time is spent restoring third rate slasher pictures to 4K than getting deserving films out on even Blu-ray.
"Deserving" has nothing to do with it.;) They will sell a lot more of those slasher movies on 4K disc than Blu-ray of this title.

Joseph Goodman

Stunt Coordinator
Given that the rights to the original films used for this probably reverted back to Toho (who were never pleased that Saperstein did this to begin with) some time ago, I'd say "fat chance" for seeing any sort of new edition.

Tom C

Stunt Coordinator
This may be old ground to trod, but I thought I read about an upcoming Blu-ray of What's Up, Tiger Lily? sometime within the past two years. I haven't seen anything since, or did I have a fever dream? I did a search of some of the threads in which WUTL? is mentioned, but didn't turn up anything. Admittedly, it wasn't an exhaustive search so I may have missed something important. But, I am convinced I must have read something about a then-imminent Blu-ray release because I sold off my DVD. Yes, I can kick myself now for not holding onto the DVD until I had a Blu-ray replacement in hand. Uggh, lesson learned the hard way! Does anyone know if there was, or still is, a planned Blu-ray of WUTL? Or did Tiger Lily pass me by?
Are you able to play PAL, Region 2 discs? I have an Italian import DVD copy of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks