What's new
World Wide Stereo

Is something wrong with my new TV? (1 Viewer)

JosephCon

Auditioning
I just purchased a Toshiba 42HDX82 Cinema line series set and had it delivered today. I have it hooked to normal cable and to DVD via component outputs. When I view it from any source (cable, DVD, etc) it appears to have two horizontal lines on the top and bottom, almost where you would expect to see the black bars from a widescreen picture.

I tried setting the screen to different aspect ratios and it still looks the same, and on 4x3 ratio you can noticeably see the lines in the grey area of the vertical lines it adds. Anyone else seen this kind of issue? Should I return the set?

728x90

Paul.Little

Stunt Coordinator
My first thought is that it was a display model at the store and was showing the same widescreen DVD for weeks on end, and you have some burn in.

JosephCon

Auditioning
I think you're right, I went to check the other Toshibas at Best Buy last night (I didnt buy it from there) and they dont have the same problem. Also, if you line up the lines they seem to match the black bars that programming would have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks