What's new

Is Rick from The Mummy really Stephen Sommers' creation? (1 Viewer)

... or has the caracter simply been adopted.

I ask this question because I seem to be the only one that I know of, who laughed out loud in the first Mummy Movie, when I learned the name of Brendan Frasers character.

Being an old avid AMIGA game-player it struck me immediately that there are several similarities between Mummy-Rick and the game character Rick Dangerous from the old games Rick Dangerous I and II in the early nineties.

This guy (the computer guy) too uses guns and dynamite to solve his immediate problems. In addition he wears the exact same outfit as Mummy-Rick, I know the clothing has been ripped from Indiana Jones, so don't mention it, please!

It just struck me as a funny novelty that I thought I would like share with the rest of the world in case it had forgotten all about my old pal, Rick Dangerous.

/Michael

Miles_W

Second Unit
Michael you know, now that you mention it I do recall the Rick from the amiga game... perhaps you are onto something there...

Miles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks