What's new

Is it too much to ask for a nice not complicated girl??? (1 Viewer)

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I don't think it too much to ask for. I found one. I think they have a name something like tramps. Anyways, never call a girl. That's the worst thing you can do. They want to talk for hours and waste time. Give them a call once and see what happens. If they don't call back. It was never meant to be. That's usually what I do. I got a great call the other night from this girl I met a while back. I called her once, it didn't go anywhere so I swore I'd never talk to her again. She called me like 2 months later and turned out to have something really funny happen.
For saftey sake of not having this post deleted. I'll leave it at that
wink.gif

------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
AHHHHHH I hate the "hey lets hang on on the phone" thing. Why??? whenever a girl calls they're completely content to not really talk, but go about their business while on the phone?!??
this one girl I met was AWESOME, into cars, bikes, home theatre, EVERYTHING, I'm like SWEET. But she used to do the hangout thing, I used to count the silent breaks on the phone and got up to 30 or 40 seconds several occasions, and stopped calling her long ago, now she only calls when she needs something so I usually dont' answer.

EddieN

Agent
You definitely did the right thing. Just think about what would've happened if you did indeed start a relationship with this girl, me thinks it would have been torture. Sounds like you need to go drink some beers downtown on 6th street, but if you don't dig the college girls then 4th street. Shoot me an e-mail, I'll be your wingman.
------------------
- Eddie

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
there's two sides to this fence.
putting some distance between yourself and her is definitely a good idea. give her time to sort things out and see where it goes.
a lot hedges on whether you want more than just a friendship...which it does sound like you do, correct?
just try to put yourself in her shoes. think about how you would feel if you just broke up with someone and some chick was already hitting you up. (okay...maybe not :) )
putting out an ultimatum is not a good idea. if you can still be friends and hang out then that's pretty cool. if she comes around swell...if not, don't fault her. it's nobody's fault if a close relationship develops or doesn't.
in any case, the most important thing is to be honest and trust your judgement. i played the rebound-guy for way too long with this one chick and even though i knew what my brain was saying, i listened to my heart instead and eventually got burned...
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Why can't I have a nice, PROPER, intelligent girl?
But, I always end-up getting the exact opposite..
Whether she's pretty or rich or both, they're always complete airheads..
I'm sick of it!
All the smart ones hate me!
Nathan

ChrisV

Second Unit
Good call, Patrick, brains ARE sexy.
I've been dating this great girl for a couple of weeks now, and she's as smart as a whip. It's nice to have my brain stimulated for once and not just my nether regions.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And it helps that I think she's rather attractive, and I found out that she's clocked some hours flying in small planes (I don't even handle flight simulator PC games well, there's no way you're getting me to fly a real plane!) But I doubt anything will come of it, but yes, it's definitely cool to hang out with someone who's got something upstairs.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
One thing I noticed over the years is that women are far more likely to chase you and want you when you ignore them or just basically act like they don't exist. This defies logic but seems to be true.
If you play your cards right, the women will chase you which is really cool. Having multiple, sexy and attractive women wanting you is a great high. It hasn't happened to me very often but when it did, it was better than alcohol.
Even more odd is that the better looking a woman is, the more likely she is to hang around neanderthals. Have you ever heard the Joe Jackson song "Is she really going out with him"?
Just as others here have suggested, give her room and let time take it's course. But let me tell you now, NOT calling her is going to be harder than hell. This is especially true if you hungar for her as much as you appear to.
------------------
We are the citizens of the United States of America. Resistance is futile. We CANNOT be stopped so don't bother trying.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
She messaged me online tonight. Basically she doesn't want to go out with any guys for awhile. After her telling me how great I am, how nice I am and how much she wanted to spend time with me, she now says that, for no reason that she can think of, that she doesn't think we make a good match. Although she keeps saying that maybe when she finally gets over her old boyfriend that maybe we could go out again. Her feelings seem to be changing on a weekly basis, but I'm not going to just hang around waiting and not pursue other avenues. So oh well...we aren't going to see each other, but she still wants to be my "online buddy"...it may get too hard though. I guess I'll just have to see what happens.
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Link Removed

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Mike,
Always remember the first rule of dating:
Never go out with someone who has more problems than you!
If you stick to that you'll alway do well.
Patrick
------------------
My DVD Collection
Patrick The 69th most popular name for boys according to the Social Security Administration.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Never go out with someone who has more problems than you!
If everyone did that, would there be any relationships? Excatly how many people could you find that have the EXACT same number of problems????
biggrin.gif

BTW, I tend not to date because everyone has more problems than me. I have no problems.
biggrin.gif

------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, as someone who has had first hand experience with that (went as far as suicide attempt) I can assure you truer words were never said.
RUN LIKE HELL from anybody who seems to have "issues". It sounds heartless. IT IS NOT, because believe it or not, you are not doing them any good, and next thing you know, you are the one trying to kill yourself (I am not kidding).
Their feelings of worthlesness will communicate to you. They will NOT want to seek help from anyone else, they will want you to be everything for them, to be the solution to ALL their problems. THERE IS NOTHING MORE MORE EXHAUSTING, MORE DESTRUCTIVE FOR A HUMAN SOUL ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.
Sorry, I had to rant.
--
Holadem

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Well, since you're not dating her, you could always date others and become her friend. Who knows, maybe she will work out her 'issues' and you two will work out.
Of course, she should have girl friends too, and maybe you could get set up with someone else. Hey, she might set you up with someone that is better, but I think I did see a movie once where a girl did that just to find out what her female friends said about the boy so she could decide if she should go out with him.
Hmmmm, food for thought
Glenn

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Holadem,
Sorry to hear about your experience but once I heard that saying I immediately made it my first rule of dating and have told every single person I know. So far it seems to work almost every time.
Luckily I'm married to an incredible woman who has given me a wonderful son and allows me to indulge in this insidious habit of home theater.
biggrin.gif

Patrick
------------------
My DVD Collection
Patrick The 69th most popular name for boys according to the Social Security Administration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks