What's new

Is Eddie Murphy's "Party all the time" the cheeziest song from the 80s? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
umm....i actually like that song! heh! :D
my vote for cheesiest, but still ultra-cool 80's song:
"The Safety Dance"
yeah baby! 80's rule!!! :D

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
Uh-uh.... worst song and video is Michael Phillip Thomas' "JUST THE WAY I PLANNED IT"... I still have nightmares about the 'third eye' in his forehead in the video. I think it was chosen as "Worst of The Worst" in a year-end review on Muchmusic back then.(followed by hails of derisive laughter !) :laugh:

Phill O

Stunt Coordinator
No the cheeziest is that Te'gra an bunny song:
"we like the cars, the cars that go BOOM"
"we'r Tegra and bunny and we like the boom"

I'm a child of the 80's. But I liked 90's music
better.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
My vote is for the Superbowl Shuffle by the 84 Chicago Bears. Who could forget a line like this:

"My name is Sweetness and I like to dance. Runnin' the ball is like makin' romance."

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
Kylie Minogue - The Locomotion (she appears to have survived)
Bruce Willis - Respect Yourself ("The Return Of Bruno")

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
VH1 Classic showed the video for "I Saw Him Standing There" the other night.

If it wasn't for the car wreck aspect of the whole thing, I would have clawed my eyes out and popped my eardrums. Her voice was terrible, she kept busting out these horrible "dance" moves, the backing band was embarrassed to be there, and the whole thing went on way too long.

Sometimes pop music isn't as bad as you remember it when it was annoyingly everywhere. Not here -- it was actually worse.

Ryan

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
It's slightly ironic that this thread should pop up, because half of these songs listed have been running on a loop through my head the last week. I think I have something terminal. When you've got a "Somebody's Watching Me"/"Safety Dance" medley going though your noggin', then one must have some serious psychological problems.
The third song that's been on constant repeat for me lately is "Never Gonna Let You Down" by Rick Astley (sp?). My mom loved his clean-cut looks IIRC, and somewhere at my parents home is a copy of the LP!
Never wanna give you up/never wanna let you down/never wanna turn around...and hurt you!
Stop The Insanity!!! :frowning:

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
"Never Gonna Let You Down" by Rick Astley
Hmmm...I alwasy thought it was called" Never Gonna Give You Up". :b

For a truley Canadian Cheesy song look no further than the "Blue Jays" song... "o.k. Blue. Jays. Let's. Play. Ball!" (anyone remember this?)

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Talk about cheesy, Michael Jackson's 'Bad' is up there in the top 10 for me. That video was just awful, too. Even Weird Al did it better.:D

paul_v

Second Unit
Thank the Lord for the grunge music scene to hit and end the cheese. Now the cheese has recycled with the re-imerging of boy bands and female teen idols. We need another Nirvana hehe. Or was it something else that changed the music scene?

And that Carl Lewis video was probably the cheesiest thing I have seen coming out of the 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks