What's new

iPod touch (iTouch!) owners thread! (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I got mine this morning at Menlo Park NJ. They had less than 10 and only a few left when I got mine. Freehold claims they still arent getting any till the 28th but I doubt that. I had to decide whether I wanted to be an EARLY early adopter or save $30 and wait for it to come to Costco, gadget lust won out, woohoo!

It is GORGEOUS. Pics tonight when I get home. It's also TINY and a fingerprint MAGNET. Glossy as hell with the trademark Apple lickability (tm).

Buuut....
So far I cant get my macbook to recognize it, probably because I havent auto updated it in a few weeks and I cant put it on the network here to update itunes. The windows side of it sees it as a big available hard disk (i dont have iTunes loaded on that half) but the OSX side wont even show it on the desktop, which is what I assume it should do when it finds a iPod (I sync my regular iPod on my Windows Desktop so this could be a bad assumption on my part). Will probably have to wait till I get home, and its a brick until it syncs with iTunes. If I open iTunes manually it doesnt show an iPod connected their either.

Sam

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
OK, that worked, it did tell me that a few of my Podcasts wouldnt be synced cause they wouldnt play on this ipod, any idea what that's all about? They are standard iTunes downloaded podcasts, mostly about photography and Photoshop...

Sam

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I really want an iTouch but it'll have to wait as there's more pressing need elsewhere...but it will be mine ;)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'm waiting till the 32 gig version before I get one. I got a Red nano today.
Has anyone tried hacking their iTouch yet to use some of the iPhone apps that aren't included with the touch?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
does it have a button on the side for volume like the iphone.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
There were some issue with the screens on some of the batches, that and the 16gb made me cancel my order for the Touch, I decided to go with the 80gb classic to compliment my Apple TV, Apple opened up the specs that the Ipod plays so my Apple TV Encodes now play, I don;t have to double encode everything. The Nano is pretty sleek too. Think I'll wait till the problems shake out and may 32gb to pick one up.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
an Update I've ordered a 8gb to compliment my 8- gig classic, It'll hoold me a few years until they get the flash memory up to the 64 gig range.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It's the best iPod I've owned, of 4 different ones. The small size has NOT been a problem so far but I would never say no to more space.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well I bought myself an early b-day present.
I just bought the 8GB Itouch.

I just opened it up and fooling around and trying to get the songs on it the way I want it organized.

I love this thing.
I'm also discovering the podcast store:)

I also FINALLY got the theme song to the movie Secretary from Itunes.

next I'm converting some of my TV shows.

This is the best:)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This is such a cool device.

I'm also using the ITouch to put my Rifftrax and Doctor Who Radio Dramas on it.
and along with all the Podcast/Videocast I listen to.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
How often do iPod Touch owners get wifi reception outside of their own homes/work? I'm debating between this and the iPhone, but if the Touch gets wifi access fairly often I would find it nearly as useful since I have a separate cell phone and really don't want to incur the extra $20 a month for the iPhone if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I just updated with the 5 apps - fantastic! No iPhones here yet.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Reception: all the time. Free access: not often. It depends on where you hang out, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks