Inwall Bipole/Dipole Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by nickMahler, Jan 22, 2005.

1. nickMahler

nickMahler Agent

hey guys im looking to redo my rear surround setup to go with my decorators ideas. right now i have a set of FX5i for side surround and RT/fx for rear in my 7.1 setup. i like the way they sound but now i need to mount the speakers on the side walls for the rear instead of on the back wall behind the projector. and im going to have some flush mount sides to match. what speakers would yall suggest that are under $1000 for both sets. would you suggest a in cieling for the rears or even for the sides too??? let me know what yall think because i gotta do this within the next week before the painter shows up. thanks in advance.

nick

2. nickMahler

nickMahler Agent

also 99% of my listening is music or TV i dont listen to music in there so im looking for something thats strictly movie.

3. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

Kef Ci 130DS? Not sure of the price though. Poor upper frequency response too.

http://www.kef.com/products/ciseries/ci130ds.html

I wouldn't recommend mounting speakers in the ceiling; stick to installing in the vertical walls.

Inwalls generally cost more than their standard speaker counterpart.

4. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    I just installed (like YESTERDAY)some of the KEF Ci 130's in my listening area. They are replacing some really good Energy Veritas 2.0 dipole speakers.

I am really like how they sound. I thought it would be a step down from what I was running prior, but they sound REALLY good. I would highly recommend them.

I changed my rears simply to match all four rears. For the rear center speakers I was using Home Theater Direct, but I am changing those out to the KEF Ci 130's too. In my room, there is no way to install speakers in the back wall, it is a great room, so the rear centers are going into the ceiling.

Jeff Aguilar