What's new

Invasion ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to guess that there is some sort of internal struggle going on within the pod people. Tom seems to be on the "good" side (?).

I agree that Tom was probably surprised to learn he is (probably) a copy.

ot

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

That was his first wife, who, as I understand it, died in the plane crash and wasn't found until we see the corpse.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That's what I thought at first too, but then it was revealed Tom was with her on that flight and was the only survivor of the crash. He was missing a couple days before rescue parties found him in the swamp, etc. At this point I don't see any reason for the skeletal remains to be his first wife since she's nothing more than a expositional footnote and Tom is a central "acting weird" character.

Muriel's rotting corpse in the water was pretty creepy.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This was reinforced last week when Russell and co. went out to capture a creature in the swamp, electronically tagged one and then followed it the next day to a guy living in the swamp with his dad.

This idea of not all the clonies being on the same page is interesting to me. It suggests there's not exactly a plan the aliens have to take over but they are trying to survive or follow a course inherent to their biology. I guess we had similar issues in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but they all had the same agenda. It's like the aliens sent out a group to colonize but didn't have a good screening process and got some criminals and sociopaths in the bunch.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
oh no, it's the Sixth Sense!! they don't know they're dead!

sorry, couldn't resist. just can't stand that movie, saw the twist coming almost from the beginning.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Loved the Godfather scene. Mariel may be dead, but she can cook a hella chicken! The corpse in the water was really creepy. They did a good job with that. It was kind of funny how Rose said her mommy was getting better, and then two scenes later, she's swimming in a swamp in the middle of the night! :D I don't think Tom would freak out just at the sight of the corpse, so I think we were supposed to take a big hint from that that he didn't know how things worked. He thought he was just changed, but now he knows he's an alien too.

All in all, a really good ep.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/30/05

Well, it looks like things are picking up hard and fast. The glowy orange thingie was finally shown in all its glory, and the suction marks are explained as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And the last 30 minutes got a little crazy there as well. At least the "invasion" portion is kicking into gear as Russell and company are finding more evidence of the remains of the people that have substitued by the pod people.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody know when the next episode airs? It looks like ABC is moving "Alias" into this time slot starting next week....

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just rewatched the preview, I think it just said "Next Week". Hope someone has the answer.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Was that just the 'next' showing or the next 'new' one.

Don't ask me where, but I think I heard that the next new one will be on the 11th of Jan.

I really hope he didn't cut his arm off! Crap, if that happened to me I'd just move far, far away and be thankful.

...and is Tom stupid, dumb, or does he suffer from some sort of memory loss? But at any rate, he's beginning to creep me out.

This alien isn't too bright if it is making up arms that aren't there, and how did it know that there was a 2nd arm on him?

Glenn

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

I think it would be a logical assumption that the alien is somewhat "cloning" the original person. I say somewhat because we also know that these "pod people" are different (part alien).

But the cloning aspect would clearly and logically explain why he has a new arm. Don't you think? Physical injuries/disfigurements don't alter our genetic make-up. It is the same reason that the young woman (pod-woman) from a few episodes back was found "never to have given birth" even though the original woman did. Pod-Cloning.

By the information given thus far, it is clear that the new pod people should have no evidence of past injuries, illness, etc...

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
This is by far the best show of the new Lost-wannabee triplets.

Tom (my fav character) is panicing a bit. I think he recently learned just how different he is (that he did indeed die) and I think that freaks him out. I don't really see any "plan" the new species might have except for survival and Tom knows that people will completely annihilate them if/when the truth comes out.

I wonder what is different about Florida? Most of the pod people seem pretty stable and Tom's been around in his new form for 10yrs or so.

SteveJKo

Second Unit

I'm REALLY enjoying this show. It's slow but steady pace just keeps me coming back every week. Shaun Cassidy did this to me before with American Gothic. Hope this program has a MUCH longer run than that well done but short lived series.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's the good ol' U.S. of A. that's why! Everything is better here, even the invasions by aliens! :) Or maybe it has to do with the water?

The more this progresses the more I like the premise that the aliens have no plan. The reference to an invasive species in the swamp is spot-on. No plan, just natural selection.

And how do you chainsaw through your own arm with one arm? That's gotta be messy...

Joel C

Screenwriter
The chainsaw bit was totally over-the-top... though the arm reveal was great, having him lose it again instantly makes it seem like it was done for shock value. Though it does show how dedicated Tom is to keeping the invasion under wraps.

I wonder how the aliens make the clones while keeping memories intact. The scene of glowing and brain sucking last night seemed a little out of character for this show, very straightforward for something that has been so ambiguous up to this point. In one second, most of the mysteries of the first string of episodes were solved.

I guess it's good, it was just done in a manner that seemed a little corny. But I am definitely getting more and more into it every week.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Patrick, new episodes of Alias takes over Invasion's slot for the next two weeks which is probably why they decided to air the next new ep on Dec 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks