What's new

Dobie Gillis (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i couldnt find any threads on it. i had real nice memories of the show. and especially liked tuesday weld. i was 4 at the time, and she was 16. i guess i went for those older women - LOL. i just remember thinking she was the cutest girl alive !!

i recalled "the thinker" portion of the show, and maynard (didnt like his character too much). but that was about it.

i did not recall that thalia was a gold digger. but i have to laugh when i see it now. tuesday weld did a remarkably good acting job with that character. it was well written, but i think most of the characters could be played by most decent actors.

i dont think that is true of thalia. no matter how good the lines were, that character took a very special delivery to bring those lines to life.

so many of these shows hold up so well, cuz they were well written and spoke to human nature, which changes very slowly.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's been on Prime/Freevee for a while now, and I occasionally drop in and watch an episode. The seasons were so long back then that even a four-season show like Dobie produced quite a few episodes. Always enjoy them when I watch them.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Always loved Dobie Gillis. I keep meaning to get Shout! Factory's Complete Series DVD set. Every now and then, my wife or I would do Zelda's nose-wrinkle, and the other would respond, "Now, cut that out!"

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i didnt know he sang. never heard the first song, before. the second song is sung by a number of people. but hickman's version is quite good. that 56-65 year span is my favorite for rock, country, and pop

here is a country version of the song

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
sorry - i started this thread in the wrong forum. can you transfer this over to the tv and dvd forum ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i couldnt find any cds at amazon by hickman. but it is possible that these 2 songs could be on one of those cds that have "hard to find songs" on them ? does anyone know of a cd that has either of these 2 songs ?

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
i couldnt find any cds at amazon by hickman. but it is possible that these 2 songs could be on one of those cds that have "hard to find songs" on them ? does anyone know of a cd that has either of these 2 songs ?
Here's Dwayne Hickman's whole album on CD along with other sixties TV stars. Currently unavailable on Amazon but I found this on Ebay.

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 42
  • s-l1600 2.png
    s-l1600 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 33

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i offered $15 for it, and they accepted the offer. at that time, there were 4 left.

jan goorsky

Agent
Two of the cast members who played teachers, ended up playing the parents on the Patty Duke Show. And don't forget Warren Beatty as Milton Armitage on several episodes

Real Name
Delmo
I got into it when Nick at Nite aired it. I can't believe Dobie ended up with Zelda in the reunion special and tv-movie! So disappointing. Dobie settled.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
there are 32 songs on the cd. i downloaded 15 of them, which is quite a high percentage, for me. for those who liked the 2 songs that were on this thread, it would be a cd that they would enjoy having

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks