What's new

Interconnects from Receiver Output to Separate Amp! (1 Viewer)

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
I need some inputs on what Interconnects type(Analog/Digital) I need. I just bought a parasound 855 amp and I will be hooking it up to my Sony 5ES. Do I need anything EXTRAVAGANT? or will the RS be good enough.

Thanks
Angelo

HankM

Second Unit
That is a tough question. Some members believe in cables sounding different and some don't. I believe in investing in good audio cables. Go to your local hi-fi shop and try out some different cables, or you can try Audio Advisor if you have no local hi-fi shop ywho carries high-end cable. Audio Advisor will give you a 30 day trial on cables and recommend which cable might be right for your system. They carry Audioquest, Monster Cable, MIT, Cardas, Wireworld, Tributaries, Kimber Kable, XLO, Straight Wire, Analysis Plus. All these cable manufacturers make excellant cable IMO. Price range is from $20-$2,000. www.audioadvisor.com

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Angelo,

I'd also recommend picking up just a basic pair of std. interconnects (AR Pro, Rat Shack Gold, Bolder, CatCables, etc.). This would provide a good basis to A/B the more expensive cables against. And you could always use them for something else later. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks