What's new

Instant uptight people detector invented... (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

No kidding :D I think they're gonna be repeating their statement A LOT for the duration or their stay ;)

Johnny_M

Second Unit
(begin rant)

God people are babies! they complain and bitch in hopes of having the advertisement takin down, they are too dumb to even realize that all of their whining is creating more publicity for the ad and will make more $ for the company. i mean, would I (living in CA) even know the ad existed if they werent bitching about it so much? I didnt even know swatch was still around, but now I do.

Maybe I'll buy one just to piss off all the complaining soccer moms out there!
(end rant)

Johnny

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
same here, i wasnt aware of the ad until i saw the link from here. most people just want the attention, i'm not sure if they REALLY think the ad is that bad.

CJ

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I don't think me finding an issue with your slams against me is any reason to call me "uptight". I'm quite laid back until someone decides to play childish games, then you're gonna hear about it from me.

I think this world wouldn't be so worried about uptight people if other people didn't feel the need to make such snide remarks without fear of rebutal by hiding behind the "you're uptight" remark (when someone finds offense). It's childish and frankly, immature.

p.s. It's like an ethnic person punching a white man and when the white man gets upset, the ethnic person says he's a "racist" or the guy who cuts you off in traffic...you beep at him and he has the nerve to flip you off. Please don't make smart ass comments and then hide behind sarcastic remarks. It's very unbecoming. :frowning:

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

:laugh: :laugh:

Point proven once again. Lighthearted thread becomes one man's soapbox on uptightness.

I suggest starting a new thread to get all of this pent up anger about uptightness off your chest. I also detect some sort of latent racism and traffic issues as well or it would have never been brought up. I suggest you start another thread to get these issues off your chest.

Serenity Now. Serenity now.

j

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Justin, you seem awfully uptight when presented with a dissenting opinion. And your passive-agressive attacks on Mark? Hello, issues!

You might wanna look into that, sport ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Ricardo.

If someone's getting their panties in an uproar over my initial post, then that someone needs to reread the definition of "uptight". And don't confuse my anger over unnecessary/aggressive criticism to be considered 'uptight'.

Uptight people get mad over nothing, I get mad when people deliberately try to make fun of me in a childish/immature manner.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Move on to something else because this is unproductive bickering and not really worth arguing over.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

I suggest taking this to a private message conversation - if I want to be around silly bickering, I'll go home & watch my sisters interact. :)

On the topic of this ad... boy, some advertising executives and masters at their trade and know how to get the word out.

This is a complete psychological game. What some people don't realize is that these ad's are actually directed towards people who would find them offensive! It's the act of becoming offended that provokes people to spread the word about what it was that offended them, and as a result others are made aware of the particular product or ad. Technically, our verbal objection of the message makes others aware of it's existance.

Case in point, I live in Toronto, CANADA. I don't live anywhere near Times Square, I don't wear swatch watches, and I don't intend to. But now, by virtue of the fact that people find it necessary to voice their criticism to this ad, I am now privy to the new product. I don't find this kind of stuff offensive though, so hey - cool ad!

I bet that a lot more people are going to be buying the humping-bunny watch now!

moe.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What Moe said. If people didn't get so wound up by things like this, and just ignored them, controversy would no longer be a valid marketing tool.

But as long as Puritanism rules the land, advertisers will keep pushing the controversy button since it guarantees publicity and increases sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks