What's new

Input appreciated on my connecting my set up. (1 Viewer)

Shawnyjay

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn Uglum
I recently purchased a Sony 65" A80J 4k TV along with 2 other components, a vintage Harmon Kardon 430, and a new Vizio M51 Atmos soundbar. I currently also have a vintage pair of M&K S2B book shelf speakers hooked up to the reciever left and right of my TV. I partially picked up the Kardon reciever to compliment a Thorens Td 165 I'm in the process off getting repaired, a $10 garage sale find a while back. So I'm contemplating getting a pair of Jamo Concert 9 Series C 95 II floor speakers to compliment/Substitute my M&K's. I would like to occasionally use the Jamo floor speakers in conjunction with my Vizio soundbar.for movie watching etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated on a good economical solution to intertwine the set up. I know I would obviously need to connect the reciever to my TV, but I'm unclear on what the best path for me to do that should potentially be. Maybe some sort of small tube amp or the like, which would have an optical cable option to connect to my TV, or an audio extracter of some kind. I'm not sure if my TV would support two connections simultaneously for the audio. I'm curently using the Earc HTMI port on my TV for my sound bar. I believe the Jamo towers are Atmos compatible as a side note. Thanks in advance for any input anyone might have.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, you’ve picked a tough row to hoe, and there is no easy answer. Aside from HDMI, it appears your only other audio connections are the digital output and a headphone jack. Either could be used to get a signal to your vintage Harmon Kardon (the former via an extractor, of course). Whether or not one or both can be used simultaneously with the HDMI eARC, you’ll just have to try it and see.

It’s immaterial that the Jamo speakers are Atmos compatible if you don’t have the electronics to utilize it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Shawnyjay

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn Uglum
Gotcha, immaterial meaning unless I have athe proper reciever or amp which supports Atmos its a mute point right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks