What's new

Info on Bond 5.1 remasters.... (1 Viewer)

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
You Only Live Twice was released as a single DVD and as part of the third box set.

That was the one set I didn't buy as the only two flicks of interest were From Russia With Love and YOLT. I got FRWL separately but waited for a price cut on YOLT that never came.

Too bad as YOLT contains a feature on the making of the James Bond title tracks - a feature I heard was quite good.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Well then that must be one of the titles that's out of print because I don't recall seeing it anywhere. I would have snatched it up if I did. Thanks for the info, guys. :)

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Glad I skipped the current releases!
Is this a joke? I'm glad I picked them all up 3 years ago. I've enjoyed them for 3 years and I will still enjoy them for another 2 before these new ones are released. They have, what I think, are some of the best documentaries on DVD, and they are all consistent with each other.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Basically in some of the making of documentaries I've seen they specifically mention that the filmmakers on some of the Bonds shot a few scenes twice. Once for the U.S. version, which were toned down to placate the censor boards and then the early MPAA, and once for the slightly more risque (nudity or more sexually charged stuff) and/or violent version shown to European audiences of the time.

The most famous scene with two versions is the one in Goldfinger where one of his female victims is lying on a bed painted with gold. The U.S. version has her with gold colored underwear on, the original European version has her nude. There are other alterations in this and other Bonds too. If memory serves me, I think this mainly pertains to the Bonds from the 1960's and 1970's, but it could have extended on.

I would want the European cuts myself, wouldn't you?

Dan

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Is this a joke? I'm glad I picked them all up 3 years ago. I've enjoyed them for 3 years and I will still enjoy them for another 2 before these new ones are released. They have, what I think, are some of the best documentaries on DVD, and they are all consistent with each other.
Hell yeah! The Bond series is my DVD Crown Jewel...great transfers on all the films...OHMSS looks excellent...great sound...some the best doc's on DVD...and they look all pretty sitting next to each other... :D

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
The most famous scene with two versions is the one in Goldfinger where one of his female victims is lying on a bed painted with gold. The U.S. version has her with gold colored underwear on, the original European version has her nude.
You're kidding? She has underwear on in the US version? Man, am I glad I went for the PAL on this one. :)

BobG

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked my R1 Goldfinger DVD and she isn't wearing underwear; she is very much nude. The scene is framed so there is only a pillow obscuring her naked rear end. I think you guys are referring to the US Television cut where underwear was digitally added.

Kevin Harper

Agent
The stories about alternate versions of the Bond films are all Bo**ocks...Goldfinger was the same in the US as in the UK. Like BobG said - I think you are referring to the TV versions which have taken to adding digital underwear! All the films are the same the world over save for the obvious censorship cuts in certain countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks