What's new

Infinity Primus at Best Buy (Canada)... (1 Viewer)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
For those of you who are from the US, the Best Buy here carries only JBL, Yamaha, Bose, Sony and Precision Acoustics (!)...or did...

I was in the local Best Buy today and saw the boxes for the new Infinity Primus line...talking to a sales associate, these won't be on display for another month or so, but they can be purchased...I'm not really up to date on Infinity speakers, but I haven't had any luck finding out anything about them...they are priced almost on par with the Athenas at Future Shop, and since I was looking into getting a set of the Athenas, I'm wondering if I should rethink my decision...

Does anyone know anything about these speakers ? I can post the prices Best Buy is selling them for up here if someone wants them.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Primus is replacing the Entra line. The driver material is M.M.D. versus C.M.M.D. (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphram) on the rest of the Infity line (including the Entra), so I guess they are basically aluminum drivers without the Ceramic.

I don't even have a price list on them yet, let alone any sort of review or evaluation time.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Sorry, I was much too tired to post the prices for them last night, but I will do so now:

P150 - 299.99
P160 - 499.99
P250 - 699.99
P360 - 999.99
PC25 - 299.99
PS8 - 499.99
PS12 - 699.99

(all in Canadian funds)

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
So they are actually more expensive than the Entra line they replace. Interesting.

I've just bought a pair of Infinity 150s to complement my Denon AVR 1803.

First impressions are pretty good!
Especially for $99 a shot.

I'll be getting the 250s next month ($199 each) followed by the center ($199) and sub (3 models to choose from)the month after.

I'll see what it all sounds like as a set.

Build quality (from what I can tell) is excellent on the 150s.
Now all I have to do is wait till I can afford the rest. :frowning:

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
At the brand new Best Buy in Langley (not open yet)I have had the opportunity to test out all of the new Primus speakers.

My thoughts? top notch, defnintely a good mathc for the athenas, and as far as the center goes, better.

I am going to pick a selection up myself, the discount i get is unreal.....

Too bad we don't carry a better selection of subwoofers... at least my discount works at future shop too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks