What's new

In-wall sureg protection outlets - do they exist (1 Viewer)

lbk

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
Hi

I am installing a new outlet form my Entertainment Center and I'm looking for an AC wall receptical that has surege protection (This way I don't have to monkey around with a power strip/surge protector). I found a few, liKe Monster makes one, but it doesn't look lie it will fit into a standard wall box. Does anyone have somehting like this.

I guess the alternative would be an in-line surge breaker. Anyone have anyhting like that?

I can't attach anything to my my main electrical box because the wall is finished, so that does't seem like an option. In any event, the surege protection has to be intalled before the outlet box. Any creative options anyone can think of? Thanks for the feedback.

BrianTwig

Second Unit
Most electric companies will come out and do a whole house surge protection thingy. I know nothing about it, but hear commercials for it on the radio all the time.

Does anyone out there know anything about this?

mylan

Screenwriter
Its like leasing a cable box, I looked into it and the power co. will come out for a minimal (or no) fee depending if they have a special going, and connect it but it will cost about $9 a month on top of your bill. You can buy one from Home Depot for about $40 to $50 and have an electrician connect it. After about a year and a half, buying it yourself is the better deal.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Acenti makes a 15amp recepticle/surge surpressor for about $45 that fits a standard box.......available in different colors to match you decour. Installed one for my sub and it does the job.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks