What's new

If you had $7500, what would you do with this?? (1 Viewer)

mrkplatt

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
So, I finally built my home theater a year ago last month. I am now ready for its first major upgrade...

I am looking at injecting $7,000-$9,000 into my existing set-up and would appreciate any suggestions.

Here's what I currently have:

ROOM: 18'wide x 25'long, no windows, sound boarded all sides and ceiling with reverberant chanel on the sheet rock. Two rows, 10-seats total, with ButtKickers

Layout attached

Projector: Knoll HDP410, 1080p
Screen: 108" diaganol Draper
Speakers:
Front - Polk Monitor 50;
Center - Polk CS2;
Surround A & B's - RBH MC-6DB (In Wall);
Subwoofer - Polk DSW Pro-400
A/V Receiver: NAD T775
Amplifier: Outlaw 7700 (7 channel @ 200 watts per channel)
Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP BD80K

So, I'm thinking that my first upgrade should be to the speaker system. Considering Paradigm Studio 100's with matching Sub-15, CC-690 Center & ADP-590 Surrounds. But, I want to get the most bang for my buck and would love input.

Thanks for the help!

MP

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
I'm a big fan of Paradigm Studio Series, though I must admit I prefer the Studio 60's to the 100's. More musical, and you really don't need that added bass extension in the 100's (I've included two cylinder subwoofers for just this purpose)

Paradigm Studio 60: $1,998
Paradigm Studio CC-690: $1,499
Paradigm Studio ADP-590: $1,398
Paradigm Studio ADP-590: $1,398
SVS PC12-Plus: $1,798 (for two subwoofers)

Subtotal MSRP: $8,091 + taxes (you should be able to negotiate 10-20% off as a package deal)

I'd then consider selling the NAD AVR (you'll get a good return), and replace this with the upcoming Outlaw 997 pre-pro to match your poweramp, plus some XLR balanced interconnects

Cheers,
Alon

mrkplatt

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark

Thanks Alon! I appreciate the advice. I've heard others make similar comments on the Studio 60's vs. the 100's. I'll check out the SVS subs as well!

Mark

Rhatphlegm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Your existing system seems quite awesome.

I don't know how many do this, but I'm currently transferring all my old DVD's to TB drives (which are going quite cheap these days). I can run up movies with a point and a click now. I haven't tried this with Blu-ray yet, but I will. Anyway, I'd put a chunk of that$7500 into a kick azz AV computer with massive storage. Or better yet, like I am: two computers, one a multi-terabyte server, and the other a core I7 speed demon for HD playback and 7.1 audio...

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mark:

In addition to the SV Sub you should really look at their main speaker line too. I have heard them in use and they really kick ass to go along with the can't be beat sub. Give Ron a call at SV Sound and tell him your layout. He will give you the best speakers for your layout and not oversell you. The other + for them is their customer service is second to non and if you get it in place and don't like it you can always return it for your money back.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks