What's new
World Wide Stereo

ieee Question (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Welch

Agent
if i use ieee for a connection between dvd player and my tv is that for audio only or that connection serve as my video/audio, i'm new to the ieee thing my tv supports it and am planing on buying a dvd player that offers it because i heard it was the best connection
TY, K~

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
First off IEEE is "Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers".

What you have there I believe is IEEE "1394" (FireWire, iLink,etc.) On a TV is mostly used for HDTV setop tuner boxs/D-VHS. To my knowledge video via FireWire cannot currenty be used on DVD players. The FireWire connector on you DVD player is prob used for multichannel DVD-A and or SACD audio.

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator
"ieee 1394" is use for digital communication between a DV camcorder or digital camera and your HDTV or computer. As for the best connection for a DVD, I'm not sure, and have never have heard of a DVD with "ieee 1394" for this purpose. I can imagine it being use for recording on to a hard drive like a TIVO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks