What's new

Identify this movie. (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I believe it's black-and-white. I haven't seen the whole thing, but there was some kind of panel of three judges, and it was decided this guy could never look at his wife again. So, he would look at her in the mirror, and I think she tried to get him to look directly at her. Also, I think there was some kind of chase in a bombed-out city at the end. The pursuers (probably agents of the panel of judges--I think they mentioned being from another dimension) might have had Flash Gordon-style ray guns. From what I saw of it, I think the movie could probably be described as Kafkaesque.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Jean Cocteau's Link Removed (1949, France). I don't recall anything about rayguns, but maybe there's been a sci-fi retelling of the Orpheus myth somewhere along the line.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I'm also thinking Cocteau's ORPHEUS... except for that raygun part.
It's available on a fine-looking DVD in Criterion's Cocteau Boxset (also includes Blood of a Poet, Testament of Orpheus, and some great extra features, docs, and the like).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think I dreamed the raygun part. Anyway, thanks, guys! I'll have to look at getting that boxed set!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks