What's new

I Will Soon be Part of the SVS Owner Fraternity (1 Viewer)

Kevinkall

Second Unit
Congrats Brandon(fellow Kentuckian) on your new purchase!!!

I just have one question, How are you able to use that sub in an apartment??? I have the Sony WM40 and I also live in an apartment and I'm always adjusting the thing. I couldn't imagine having an SVS(even though I want one)! Whats your secret???

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Kevin,

Well...I have to be pretty easy on the sub. Since I got it in the middle of the week I don't want to run it wide open and distrub my neighbors. I guess my biggest secret is that I live in an all college apartment complex. My apartment complex is pretty well known at UK for being "the party apartments". So seeing as my neighbors are loud all the time, I figure a few hours a week I can return the favor :).

ButchW

Auditioning
Just wanted to chime in that I'm part of the club as well. I got my 25-31PCi on Tuesday. When I took it out of the box, my first reaction was "woah, this thing is big". I can't imagine waht a 16-49 would look like.

I got it hooked up but haven't had time to calibrate it or even try it out yet, since my 14 mo. old son goes to bed at 8:30 and I don't want to bounce him out of bed. Last night my wife took the kids to visit the grandparents, so I pulled out Independence Day to try out. Wow, what a difference. That sub was shaking the floors with the vibrations. I had to smile every time the space ship came into view. Tdoay I tried out the opening scene from Toy Story 2. Man, I didn't know those sound levels were there.

I'll be moving the setup down stairs this weekend (the WAF factor failed with the Ascends and SVS), but it's actually a better setup for watching movies. I hope to get it properly calibrated and then pop in Phantom Menace to see if anything shakes off the walls.

I do want to say thanks to everyone on this forum. I just got into this hobby and the info and advice I've found here and on AVSForum have been invaluable

Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks