What's new

I think a SE of Event Horizon would be nice. (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Call it an underrated sci-fi/horror movie or call it a 'guilty pleasure', but I've always liked Event Horizon quite a lot.

I'd certainly buy an SE that included a "Director's Cut" with all the excised footage.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I just hope Paul Anderson does a director's cut and not the option he discussed (the regular version with the cut footage as deleted scenes).

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I keep on avoiding picking this up because I'd really like some great SE.... oh well, someday...

DannyS

Second Unit
I work with someone who's partner works for a film company in London. He has seen the "directors cut" or workprint.

Apparenly it rocks.

So an extended cut does exist..

I love the movie.. just don't like all the jump cuts where stuff has so obviously been cut.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised with all the chatter on this one, Martin Blythe's never been asked in chat. Never saw it before, but 'cause of this thread picked one up at Wal Mart for 9.99 CAD. Pretty much the price of a rental.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The LD soundtrack was made with a mis-calibration of the DD equipment so the LFE channel is boosted by 10db. (GoldeneEye has the same problem).

It sounds frigging FANTSTIC with the "-10dB" switch clicked on in my DD decoder, but without that it's too much bass to handle.

GREAT soundtrack, super fun sci-fi/horror movie IMO. Few horror movies get me laughing like this at all the contrived suspense.

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
Add one more the the Event Horizon fanwagon.
One of the creepier movies I've ever seen.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Not sure anyone who could do anything is looking, but add me to the list wanting the SE/Director's Cut of the movie.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Holy flying shit. This will scare me half to death if ever a 'Director's Cut' is released. Good thing I got used to the scares in the Theatrical Cut. I'm in for it now...

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Some other notables listed there too, like Star Trek TOS.
Hopefully we'll get R1 dates soon!

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
That interview with Briggs was basically just a hatchet piece perpetrated by Briggs. His draft of AvP was over a decade old, and it had been praised for years, so he's basically just bitter over the movie he wrote not getting made.

I think Anderson is a hack with a good eye for visuals, but Event Horizon was pretty solid, and the directors cut was confirmed to have existed right around the time of the films release, namely from test screenings of it. The cut scenes are said to mainly flesh out the characters and put some meat on the story.

Anderson has said he prefers the theatrical cut, probably because it has a minimum of that pesky character development.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks