What's new
World Wide Stereo

I see rainbows. (1 Viewer)

David K.

Second Unit
I see rainbows on every single DLP set Ive come across, the Good Guys sale person showed me one of the top dlp sets and I told him I saw rainbows in it before he mentioned what type of tv it was. then he looked at me like a freak as if seeing rainbows in a tube dlp is abnormal.

anyhow...

I also see flashes of green on Plasma sets. can anyone explain to me why I keep seeing the green flashes on plasmas? I wonder if something is wrong with my eyes or its something inherent with the was the display is on plasmas.

I see the flashes of green when I dart my eyes around the screen on plasma sets :frowning:

whats wrong with me?

728x90

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
There's nothing wrong with you. You just have eyes that are sensitive to these types of things. I see rainbows rarely in my rainbow-machine X1.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I see rainbows. So no odd surprise there.

I don't see the green flashes from Plasma or at least not the Panasonics I have experience with.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I see rainbows on DLP units with slower wheels (2x variety) every time I blink and rarely see them on my Benq 8700+ with its 5x wheel.

Regards

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
If the green phosphors decay more slowly, you may see green edges on moving subject matter or when you shift your eyes to follow motion on the plasma or CRT screen, just as you might see rainbows with DLP. Also the human eye is a bit more sensitive to green and yellow compared with red, magenta, or blue.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

You have good eyes which are brutal in seeing these kinds of fast artifacts. It is, in my experience, unfortunate however, as I see these things all the time, even on my own CRT which is run at 72hz progressive. Talk about annoyingly good eyes! :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks