What's new

i just watched TADPOLE. I thought it was awfull (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
first it was only 70 minutes long and when the credits came up i thought i missed something because i fell asleep and had to go back and watch what i missed.
i didn't miss anything.

i thought it was bad because the actors all seemed to just be reading their lines. no one seemed to be acting accept for the lead.
but he was supposed to be a 15 year old. he looked more like someone close to 30.

sigourney weaver and bebe neuworth(sp) were just awful.

sigourney looked like she owed someone a favor and had to be in this movie.
it was supposed to be about a boy who has a crush on his stepmom and has an affair with her best friend.

i guess thats what happened but it just seemed like no one in this movie had ever even met each other before.

they were supposed to be a family and a best friend.

i didnt see it in the theater so i dont know what it looked like but the dvd was the worst i have seen from a recently released dvd.
it was murky and grainy and looked like is was shot with a cheap handheld camcorder. maybe it was supposed to look that way.

i wouldnt recommend this movie even if you could rent it or get it for free.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The film was previously discussed (when it was in theaters) in the 2002 Alternative, Foreign, Independent and Arthouse Films thread, now archived. Discussion of Tadpole begins here.
A number of us did not share Tony's reaction.
M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You might want to reconsider how you review a DVD when the vast majority of your review was about the film in question, with a scant line or two about picture quality of the DVD.

For the most part, the Software area is for discussion on the presentation and extras of the DVD/LD/etc. The Movie area is mainly for discussion of films theselves. There's always going to be some overlap if a film hits DVD, but if the general tone of the thread is about the quality of the film's story, it goes into the Movie area.

FYI: The description blurb for the Software area:

Ultimately, we are all here because of our love of cinema--from the timeless classics of yesteryear to the blockbusters and independent productions of today. Post all cinema-related comments here, along with film reviews and discussions about awards shows. Here, too, is where you can talk about your favorite directors, cinematographers, and writers. If it's about film, it can be found in this forum. Once again, if you include links in your posts, please explain their relevance. Thank you.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I don't agree with Tony's negative review of "Tadpole", however, I want to thank him for posting this thread because it reminded me to get the dvd and see the film for myself. I really liked this little film with it's funny moments and good performances, especially by the young lead actor and Bebe Neuwirth.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks