What's new

I give Jimmy Kimmel's new show 2 months tops... (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
If anyone is going to have this weeks shows, from Sunday on, on tape or preferably DVD, please, LET ME KNOW. I'm gonna start encoding my own on Monday....but I will need the initial week. Please, LET ME KNOW.

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
That show is a big mess but damn if it isn't a funny mess. Doing "goat milk" shots that I think was the furthest thing from goat milk. Deep frying guy's watches from the audience. Ordering a b'day gift for Oprah from QVC (stretch pants of course). I hope it's on for a very long time and I hope they keep drinking.

Ike

Screenwriter
Tonight is hilarious! Uneven, yes, but hilarious. If you had any hopes of liking the show (meaning, you didn't hate Jimmy Kimmel or talk shows before hand), it doesn't get any better. This, unfortunately, won't last because it's too daring, too off the cuff, too funny.

The "frying" segment was a hilarious mess, Snoop is absolutely toasted, the Armenian comedian was hilarious (though not intentionally), calling QVC live was great, and Adam's "interview" was fantastic. Tonight is an A+ show.

Jimmy just introduced the band, and he is drunk. Absolutely, 100% shit faced. Let's see Leno do that.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
That was the funniest hour of television that I've seen in a long time. I just wonder if it's too much for the executives. Snoop Dogg is an awesome co-host. Too bad he's only doing it til the end of the week. I think the reason it's so funny is because it's live. Nothing seems too planned out. They just come up with an idea and let it go from there. I mean, you can't script Adam deep frying a dummy. It takes about four shots of vodka to do that.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Caught this for the first time last night. I haven't laughed this hard at a late night talk show since Triumph mocked the Star Wars fans.

The deep frying was halarious, and the Armenian Comedian had me in stitches.

You can kind of see how this is a far safer show for ABC than PI ever was. No real issues to get people all annoyed... just lots of base humour.

Martin.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
The only time I saw drunken guests on Leno was the Cheers wrapup party. As Jay wrung his hands and looked guilty, I kept thinking "Letterman would have a field-day with this".

(You know... the old Letterman. Back when he was funny. I'd probably substitute "Conan" today... maybe Jimmy.)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Leno has what is called a "Jay Bar" backstage so his guests could have some drinks if they want. Several months ago, Tom Green was totally wasted (as if he isn't normally that way) while Leno was frustrated by it.

I wish I had seen last night's show. I was planning on taping all the shows this week (Tivo records Leno and Conan), but I've been forgetful.

~T

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
On the premiere show, Kimmel, who was miraculously lucky to book George Clooney, asks him "So how are things on E.R."? He showed total lack of respect for his guest by not even bothering to know that Clooney left that show YEARS ago. George had the grace to smile, say "very good" and let it slide.
Uh...you might not be the right "audience" for the Kimmel Show.

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
On the premiere show, Kimmel, who was miraculously lucky to book George Clooney, asks him "So how are things on E.R."?
He showed total lack of respect for his guest by not even bothering to know that Clooney left that show YEARS ago. George had the grace to smile, say "very good" and let it slide.
Please.
Clooney was lucky Kimmel didn't ask him "So, how's Aunt Rosemary these days"

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
This show was worse then I thought it would be. Who ever decided to put this show on the air is probably running to Kinkos right about now to get some extra copies of their resume printed.

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
I must admit, this show has promise. Unfortunately, most of it lies with Snoop Dogg. I laughed my ass off when he had that garage sale. He must have had 50 different pipes (drug) for sale. Snoop is pretty damn good. Too bad he isn't staying as Kimmel's sidekick forever.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show was worse then I thought it would be. Who ever decided to put this show on the air is probably running to Kinkos right about now to get some extra copies of their resume printed.
I don't know how you can say that. Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of talk shows in general, but even I can see this is 10 times better than the Leno/Letterman drivel on right now.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
What I don't like, however, is the hypocricy and gutlessness of the network suits. If they wanted decorum, or just another bit of safe entertainment carefully composed to not offend anyone, then why hire Jimmy Kimmel and promote the show as a crazy live event where anything can happen?
Exactly. It's the same hypocrisy that left Bill Maher out in the cold. They hired him, knowing the name and tone of his show and when he truly lived up to the title, they feigned shock and threw him to the wolves.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Please, let's not compare Kimmel to Maher. Maher's show offered a certain degree of sociopolitical debate. Maher's show was only comparable in its ability to offend people (not me; I liked it) ... not even close in substance.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
My wife and I loved the first week, it now has a season pass :) The best part was Snoop Dogg, too bad he is out, he makes the perfect sidekick, he had us in stitches he was so funny...

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I think Maher deserved to get fired. I actually agreed with most of his viewpoints but he was so obnoxious that whenever I did disagree with him all watching him did was make me angry. Plus most of his guests sucked and the show just became a shouting match.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, Snoop was pretty funny. I loved the yard sale and the Delamo swap meet skit was hilarous as well.

I never thought I would see "Super" Dave Osborne again and I still can't decide if he was funny or not....

James T

Screenwriter
Snoop was pretty funny on the show. I only had a chance to watch the swap meet episode, but it was pretty funny, especially when he called the jewlery dealer a liar when he asked if he heard of Jimmy Kimmel.

I've been a fan of Jimmy since Win Ben Stein's Money. I never really saw the Man Show...does anyone know when it's on in Toronto?(I know it's just repeats now).

I personally think Craig Kilborn does the best job with interviews. His jokes are only ok at best. Craig really talks to his guests. The other late night hosts just sit there and listen and only when the guest has nothing to say do they steer them into a topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks