What's new

I am starting a Thread for the Stryke AV12 & AV15 enclosures (1 Viewer)

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
I have searched alot and found threads talking about some enclosures before you guys recevied them. HOw about actual enclosure sizes that you have built. I just swapped out my Shiva to my new AV12 in my (115L Dharman Clone with 2 3" Flared ports) and WOW that AV12 is like Jack said AWESOME. I tried my hardest to bottom it out with no resluts :emoji_thumbsup:

I am using the PE 250W amp with te rumble filter modified, now i want to build an enclosure for the AV12 and the AV15. What would you guys recommend.....

Thanks,

Tony

Ben Ven

Stunt Coordinator
Could you bottom out the Shiva in that enclosure??

The reason I ask is because I have had a few different alignments with my Shiva. Sealed, large and small, ported and now in a transmission line. I like the TL alignment the best. Unfortunatley, it tends to bottom out on some low frequency scenes, like Scene 13 in Monsters Inc. Also, with some music, particularly bass test tracks, I just can't get to WOW levels.:thumbsdown:

I was wondering if the AV12 would be any better with a TL.

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Dude,

There is no comparison. I had the Shiva in the enclosure and couldn't turn the amp gain past 1/4 without bottoming out. Now with the new AV12 i can turn the amp ALL the way up to disrotion levels(I Know this is not good) and the sub NEVER bottoms out. I am building another enclosure right now......

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
That's great news TonyiBe. I have some abuse planed, excuse me, some great movies I plan on watching with the 15".

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't built mine yet, but I plan on either a 4.25cu-ft tuned to 18hz or 3.5cu-ft tuned to 20hz for my av12.

How important do you guys feel frequencies under 20hz are? I'm thinking the loss in db from the 20-40 hz region(with the 4.25cu-ft) isn't worth the extra extension down to about 18hz. So I'll probably build the 3.5cu-ft box.

One other thing, is it worth it to spend the extra 30 bucks for the rythmik 380w instead of the PE(300-794) 280w amp? I probably won't use any of the rythmik's additional bass boost features...

Ryan Hawke

Agent
Here's the box we built (not finished yet) for AV15. It's around 5.5 cu ft tuned to 23 Hz (I think, its somewhere around there). It sounds great and can play pretty loud. We're powering it with a Crest VS900 (with a new quiet fan) and the amp definitely has headroom (probably for another AV15!). Here's a pic of it:

Dual 4" ports are used to tune it. No noticable port noise can be heard. I'd recommend this alignment to others because its pretty much as small as you really want to go with this woofer, but still responds flat to 23 hz anechoic and has good output.
--Ryan

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
I just got done building my new box for the AV12 and i used the SVS IPB1 alignment. Its coming out nice, it's a total 3.5ft3 with a 4" port tuned to 22hz.

Ryan,

that is a nice box, can you do me a favor and take measurements of that Bad Boy ;)

Brian,

I think tuning that low IMO is a waste. I have the AV12 currently in a 4.1ft3 tuned to 18hz and i have been messing with the PE 250W amp resistors and tuning higher and it sounds WAY better at 22hz on up....

Back to the Garage i go.....Keep this thread running guys..

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Tony, how much extra space(cu-ft) are you adding to compensate for the volume of the av12 and the bracing?

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

I am making it 3.5 becuase on the stryke site it says the enclosure could be 3 ft3 tuned to 19hz.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Brian Bunge is building me a AV15 sub. The outside enclosure dimension will be 28"H X 24W X 26D. This comes in at 225L roughly. It will be tuned to 20Hz with the HS500 amp. It will have two 4" flared ports.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
That's alota woof in a tube. Should be good. I wonder who's will be done first?;) I might find rocks in mine if I don't watch it. Seriously, Brian has been just great to work with.:emoji_thumbsup:

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i did dual av15 in a 740l box tuned to 17hz and a samson s1000 i did some mesurements in room ot is prety flat just a few peaks at room nodes. and will push past 126db.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
My future plan is to have 6x AV 15's in a manifold box up in the attic[IB], and build 2 sealed enclosure for my current AV-12's,once I regain my financial stability[lost my job],till then I enjoy my dual Shiva, BP-15 combination subs,and enjoy your posts!;)[Oh yeah and look for a new job]

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i bult a box that fit under the stairs that is 2 feet tall by 4 feet by 4 feet it took up semi used spave all i did was trhow out all the old paint cans and the junk that was there. and bult a shelf over the box for the stuff that was left and for the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks