What's new

I am done with reality tv. (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I loathe reality TV. With so much awesome scripted television out there (Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, etc.) now why waste time watching this crap?
So true, there are so many better shows available. I got sucked into Big Brother this year, I'll finish it, but never again. It's absolutely shocking how incredibly selfish, back-stabbing, rude and awful people can be.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
So true, there are so many better shows available. I got sucked into Big Brother this year, I'll finish it, but never again. It's absolutely shocking how incredibly selfish, back-stabbing, rude and awful people can be.

Cause it's all about the mighty dollar and the burning desire for fame.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I loathe reality TV. With so much awesome scripted television out there (Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, etc.) now why waste time watching this crap?
I feel the same: I have no interest in unscripted "reality" TV. And I hate the way it screws up the broadcast schedule of some of my favorite shows! But for some reason, people seem to love watching Football and Basketball and other unscripted nonsense.

What's a guy to do?

:)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
PLEASE NOTE,I AM NOT COMMENTING ON POLITICS HERE, JUST THE REALITY PROGRAM CALLED "NEWS".
We live in Ontario, every election in every province seems to disrupt our TV schedule. We are 1000s of miles from British Columbia, and yet we were subjected to a blow by blow coverage of election results.
For those south of the border, imagine you live in Buffalo, and are force/receiving detailed election results from the state of Washington.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
PLEASE NOTE,I AM NOT COMMENTING ON POLITICS HERE, JUST THE REALITY PROGRAM CALLED "NEWS".
We live in Ontario, every election in every province seems to disrupt our TV schedule. We are 1000s of miles from British Columbia, and yet we were subjected to a blow by blow coverage of election results.
For those south of the border, imagine you live in Buffalo, and are force/receiving detailed election results from the state of Washington.
Being interrupted by Amber Alerts that are sometimes from thousands of miles away, can be pretty annoying, also!

But I digress!

These days, I'm not subjected to Reality TV or any of the above, as we cut the cord awhile back.

CHEERS! :)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That really goes the other way too though. Ontario's election and the results are broadcast all over Canada. Those types of things are considered news of general interest to all Canadians.

Now, the CBC pre-empting a movie that I had been waiting years to see with a stupid Stanley Cup Hockey playoff game was worth phoning the local TV station to bitch about it. :D

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We were addicted to Downton Abby. During the finale, an amber alert went off every ten minutes blotting out the sound to tell us a child was missing 2000 miles away.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Amber Alerts aren't really a "reality tv" thing, right? That's more a legal issue of how broadcasters are to run emergency alerts.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Amber Alerts aren't really a "reality tv" thing, right? That's more a legal issue of how broadcasters are to run emergency alerts.
I know you are correct, I guess I am spinning it off to mean an intrusion of "reality"

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I live in Washington :D:D:D:D

Bitch about redneck hillbilly country like Virginia, Tennessee, etc. :lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks