What's new

Hurricane Hilary arrives (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
No storms to report yet. However, it's going to be 55 degrees in mid-Michigan on Christmas Day. Furthermore, there's a good chance that we won't have any snow accumulation during the entire month of December.
Sure is bizarre, especially there. I used to go to Grand Rapids regularly while I was employed by my previous trucking company
(I think they still have a terminal there)- feet of snow during a normal Winter, followed by flooding due to the melting snow come Spring.

One year ago today, I was fortunate to get the truck started, due to gelling fuel (was well below zero with the wind chill here in northeast Kentucky).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
No storms to report yet. However, it's going to be 55 degrees in mid-Michigan on Christmas Day. Furthermore, there's a good chance that we won't have any snow accumulation during the entire month of December.
Yes, it's quite warm here in SE Michigan, too. I grilled lobster tails outside last evening, and was on the back deck without a coat. If it stays this warm the next few days, I'm putting the golf clubs back in the car! We've had one or two dustings of snow earlier in the month, but nothing that stuck around for the day.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Sure is bizarre, especially there. I used to go to Grand Rapids regularly while I was employed by my previous trucking company
(I think they still have a terminal there)- feet of snow during a normal Winter, followed by flooding due to the melting snow come Spring.

One year ago today, I was fortunate to get the truck started, due to gelling fuel (was well below zero with the wind chill here in northeast Kentucky).
The Grand Rapids area has been hit with one or two nasty storms already, but they get a lot of lake effect snow off Lake Michigan there. One of those storms caused a huge traffic pile-up on I-94. We rarely get lake effect snow here in the southeast part of the state, though. I don't think @Robert Crawford gets much of that where he's at, either.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Grand Rapids area has been hit with one or two nasty storms already, but they get a lot of lake effect snow off Lake Michigan there. One of those storms caused a huge traffic pile-up on I-94. We rarely get lake effect snow here in the southeast part of the state, though. I don't think @Robert Crawford gets much of that where he's at, either.
Yes I did see something about a pileup on 94 recently.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We don't get much lake effect snow.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yesterday it was 55 and the sun came out for hours in the afternoon. Man, I wish that was the case when I got a new bike when I was about 11 years old back in the late 1960s. Too much ice and snow back then on Christmas Day.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Here in mid-Michigan, it looks like next Tuesday, January 9th we will finally get a snowstorm that gives us some snow accumulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks