What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Running Man: Special Edition (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Rick, my concern was simply that there were a lot of right-wing views being presented about something that was fundamentally apolitical - reading a left-wing stance into the documentary was political, and that was my point.

However, let's drop the subject. I seriously doubt if anyone on this thread is either an intolerant redneck or a dangerous communist, so why the hell argue over it?

To return to the thread topic: the transfer is excellent and the sound fine. The previous DVD transfer was not exactly brilliant. The acid test is how well you can read the tiny lettering on the giant screen seen in the distance in the last frames of the movie. On the first transfer they were just about visible, whilst this time round they're as clear as a bell. Also the saturated reds of the fight scene with Buzzsaw are far clearer than I've seen them before.

So just forget about the documentaries - the movie itself looks great.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I picked this movie up today. It was one of my favorites growing up in the 80's. Artisan once again did a beautiful job on the picture of this film. I didn't see the other transfer, but I know this one is clean and colorful. The sound was ok. Really nice use of surrounds, but the LFE was rather lacking. And I also thought, like in a previous post, that the surrounds were a little loud, compared to the front channels. Nevertheless, I am very happy with the purchase and I enjoyed the movie as much as I remember. I really could care less about the documentary as I usually don't watch too many of the special features on DVDs. However, it was rather one sided. Regarless of anyone's political views, it's nice to hear from all sides. Just like I want to hear many opinions on whether or not someone likes Speaker "A" and the reasons they do or don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks