What's new

HTF REVIEW: The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
best buy north wilmington de didnt order any.
they guy mentioned something about ordering the bratz dvd instead.:angry:

the circuit city didnt have any either and the guy didnt even know what i was asking about.

target had them but i can wait another day or so for best buy or CC to get them in. for $2 cheaper.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
You hear that (SILENCE), that's the sound of nobody giving a shit.

Seriously, have you ever talked to a woman without having to give your credit card number?

You're in a vampire movie, that's good right. Finally a role that requires you to suck.

(From Come Poop with me) Jared asks Triumph when was the last time he had a subway sandwich:

Triumph replies, "In my mouth or in my ass?"

I love Triumph, I've got about 5 hours of material recorded on VHS, so only about 1/3 of the DVD was new to me, but it was still awesome.

Hey Gwen Stafini(spelling?), there's no doubt that you suck!

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
*** TRIUMPH DVD IS CUT!!! ***

Sadly, at least two of the Triumph bits on the DVD have been cut! Westminster III (in the "more poop" section) has a line cut. When Triumph is talking about the dog c***rings, when he gets to the big one, he says "This one is for St. Bernards, I guess...", but then they cut the next part of the line which is "...and Benji. I hear he's huge!"

But far more criminal, is the major cut of the Pets.com Press Conference. The entire second verse (or perhaps it would be the chorus) of the "I Will Poop on You" song has been cut, which goes something like this:

There are things in this business that you must know
You stay away from my bits on this crappy show
Would you copy me if I humped a radiator pole?
I swear to God I will rip you a new ***hole!
I'l be pooopin', poopin' poopin' YEAH!!!!!!

There may be more cuts. Those are just the two I noticed right away. I hope Lion's Gate will tell us what compelled them to trim Triumph's best bits.

-Lyle J.P.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Lyle_JP,

cutting is what they do, apparently. :angry: They also cut down the Triumph Christmas Special in the extras section quite a bit. Incidentally, the same goes for at least one bit in the extras section on the Conan DVD (Inappropriate Response Channel).

Chris

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

Which one would that be? It can't be the Benji line, since he trashes Benji elsewhere in the DVD (calls him "queer", and humps his Wax Museum figure), and I doubt it's the "Poop on You" song, since they do have half the song there and thus would already have the legal clearances in place from "The Police".

The cuts are, as best as I can tell, arbitrary, and as Triumph would say, "In conclusion.... THEY SUCK!"

-Lyle J.P.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Was the J.Lo segment from the 2001 Video Music Awards (in the "Extra Poop > On Location" section) removed or was this artist's rendering actually shown on Conan's show? I assume not, since it's not part of the "cut" features listed earlier in this thread and the show probably couldn't get permission to air the actual footage. Strangely, the artist's rendering didn't get recognition from Conan. His line after the piece seemed as if there was the actual footage (just the way it sounds). For me seeing it for the first time, it seemed out of place.

Personally, I am happy that they included the Hawai'i segment on this disc. American Idol was such a big thing here and I'm glad they included our local news broadcast, too. The news station here actually promoted Conan's show earlier that night. Funny stuff. "Light winds, light winds ... what will Hawaii do? Close the schools!"

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I picked this DVD up last week and it is probably the single funniest disc in my collection.

Triumph is dee best......(I won't say it!)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
That segment is very different. My favorite part is where they cut to the video of Kathy Lee singing Christmas songs and they put Triumph in the video...

Kathy Lee: "Have yourself, a..."
Triumph: "SAVE me Jesus!"

:laugh:

Instead, On the DVD, they cut to that College Football segment. :confused: What was THAT all about??

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Yeah, and it seems like they cut right in the middle of it! Same with Conan and Triumph singing. All we get to see is the end of that.
There's so much Triumph material available, instead of including one and then cutting it all to hell, why didn't they just leave it off and include something else instead??

Chris

David Galindo

Screenwriter

For a volume 2, perhaps? I sure do hope so. But yeah, I hated that they cut some of the bits, which is REALLY bad on the Conan 10th anniversary DVD.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
How about the J-Lo bit where Triumph wanted to sniff her butt? It was done with "artist renditions" :thumbsdown:

Perhaps all the cuts are for legal reasons?

MattHR

Screenwriter
Randy,
Your post has just been printed, folded and placed as an insert into my "Triumph" DVD.

Absolutely precious...for me to poop on!

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
One of the Westminster Dog Show segments originally aired followed by an in-studio song called "Underage Bichon" that was quite funny. I'm assuming this is not included?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I never saw the segment on TV, but I saw a whole bunch of these clips on the web. They definitely showed the live footage (and not just the artist renderings).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks