What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" w/ tons of screenshots! HR! (1 Viewer)

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
This review isn't quite finished. I will have the extras review done by tomorrow, but I am excited to get people talking about this DVD and see what peoples thoughts are. This is why I posted a tad early. PLus, DVD Talk didnt have it up yet. At least I coulnd'nt find it anyway.

Unless..... do you guys even want me to review the extras? There are only a few, and considering not many people like this movie, do you guys care?

Lemme know, as I plan to get a tad more in depth with them and complete the review.

EDIT: DOH! I misspelled the title! Gotta have Ron fix that! Soooory aboooot that, eh!

Shane Burton

Agent
I know the critics panned the hell out of this movie.
I really loved it. This is a popcorn movie....I thought
it was a lot of fun.

Can't wait to get the DVD.

Shane

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I was very disappointed in this movie, such great possibilities, such lousy execution. I really wanted to like it, but just couldn't. I'll leave this on the shelf.
Nice review though...:emoji_thumbsup:

CoreyII

Second Unit
Hey Adam as usual a very good review, but sorry Bro, you can't sell me on this stinker, even if it came out in a 4 disc set with a Mina Harker statue.

I saw this bomb in the theaters and I still can't decide whehter LXG or Bad Boys II is the worst film of the year so far. Actually I would have to go with LXG, because I knew what to expect from Bad BoysII and plus I didn't pay any money to see Bad Boys II.

Honestly this is the first time I saw a film in which Connery actually sucked. Hell, Captain Nemo was the baddest cat in the whole league he could of took care of the villains by his self, everyone else was just dead weight, especially Connery and Shane West(Tom Sawyer)

I mean check it out, Nemo had a fully armored and armed submarine, a Batmobile(or Nemobile), an army at his command, he is highly intelligent, and skilled in martial arts. And to top it off, the brother was well over fifty years old and in better shape than punk a$$ Tom Sawyer.

The only way I'll watch a sequel to LXG is if it's the Extraordinary Adventures of Captain Nemo. 20th Century Fox took Alan Moore's graphic novel and wiped their butts with it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't think this was as bad as everyone claimed and actually had a decent time viewing it. Plus, there's a coupon for $3 off in X2 (by mail when you buy X2 and League), so I'll probably pick it up.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Nice review. I missed this in theaters due to the poor reviews. Guess I'll rent it. I am a big Connery fan though.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I think I read somewhere on DVDTalk that inside LXG is a $9 off coupon for Alien Quadrilogy. I don't know if this is fact or not but it would make a nice combo on the deal from DeepDiscount (if its a mail in type rebate) or if its an actual coupon it would go well with the $61.99 price at Costco.

Anybody know about this??

Greg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Costco accepts no coupons except those they issue themselves.

BJ's Warehouse Club would accept it though. And their prices tend to be similar, or even lower, than Costco.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I also don't think that this film is nearly as horrible as people are making it out to be. No, it isn't a great film either, but it does at least entertain. It is at least worth a rental.

Jason

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Heck, I bought Battlefield Earth so I'll be buying this as well. Didn't see it theatrically so the $15 price tag for the DVD is not an issue.

Peace Out~:D

David Glenn

Second Unit
Yes, it could have been done better but I actually enjoyed this film and already have the dvd.

Poor JC, he passed on the Matrix, Lord of the Rings and thought he better get on board with LOEG (the next "big thing"). If he's getting help choosing his projects, he needs a new agent.

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
I didn't give it the "Highly Recommended", I gave it "recommended". I did that because the disk is so loaded with bass, I feel that anyone with a big Home Theater System owes it to themselves to have it on hand for demo's. It is now one of my top 4 demo DVD's for LFE.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Im usually pretty forgiving of movies like this. However LXG is the worst movie I have seen in the theater for a long time. Its just bad, and thats coming from someone who didnt have a problem with the special effects. The lack of logic is something you would expect in a saturday morning cartoon. This movie had a great concept which turned into a horrible, to the point of insulting, script.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
For fear of making this the "list Sean Connery's movies that suck thread" lest we forget...

Highlander 2.

I rest my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks