What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Batman Begins - Two Disc Deluxe Edition (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Man, I can't wait to get this one. Batman Begins is the best film I've seen so far this year.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm having a full day of Batman in two weeks. The "original" four movies plus this. Now lets hope next year's Superman is as good.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Thanks for the review, Herb. It was wasted on me (I know what to expect from WB in terms of quality, and I already knew what was missing that I wanted - commentary) :D I expect a nicer SE in 2.5 years (to get ready for the sequel), but I am buying this with no gripes.

One of the finer examples of using a genre instead of being used by one. Fantastic film all-around, and I expect it'll be quite a popular DVD, as a few folks figure out what they missed this summer. Definitely one of the best films a summer blockbuster "formula" has yielded.

Can't believe it's only two weeks away!

Thanks again,
Chuck

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor

You need to add the animated films to this Bat-fest.

;)

Me, I will buy any double-dip, triple-dip, etc of this film. Love it and thanks for the great review!

DustinPizarro

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent review Herb!!! As one of the better comic book film adaptations this will be an easy and quick buy considering the inevitable HD version. Can't wait for this one!

John*A

Auditioning
Hi all, :D

(First post, so i thought I'd start in a safe thread ;) )

Not only the best batman film, but probably one of best films this year. I'd be a fool not to pick this one up. Thanks for a great review, its going to be worth it for the Tumbler documentary alone.

(I love that vehicle!!)

Andy_MT

Second Unit
i'll be getting the region 3 [2 disc]. no "single disk for the same price as the old two disc price" nonsense for me. region 3 will have same audio and video [NTSC] and is a 2 disk. not only that, i can pick it up for the same price or a bit less than the single disk region 1.

region free can be very liberating sometimes. cuts down on the BS you have to put up with i find.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Will pick up, but I'm a little disappointed with the extras. Just seems like a bunch of short docs to me. Without a commentary, deleted scenes, and a true thorough single making-of doc, it isn't something I'd give 5 stars to. I'd also like to have seen more promotional material.

But, like I said, I will definitely pick this up.

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
My wife wanted to put this movie up on our Netflix que, but I told her no need as we'd be owners when it comes out :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
gotta love screen caps in a review.

herb would you consider adding the date of release to the reviews?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Great review!

Missed this in the theatres and can't wait! A friend of mine, Catherine Porter is in this, she plays the
TV reporter/Asassin

Will be a treat.

Good work, Warner!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Definitely a day-n-date for me as well. This was the only movie I've seen twice in the theaters in a very, very long time.

As long as the inevitable double dip has a longer cut of the film and all-new extras I won't complain (too much ;) ) about having to buy it twice.

Of course, with HD-DVD/Blu Ray coming out next year, I'm going to be buying this movie twice regardless...

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
A Deluxe Edition is NOT a "Deluxe Edition" without a Commentary! As much as I love "Batman Begins"...no commentary, no sale. :thumbsdown:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Paul,

How could you not buy a movie you love just because it doesn't contain a commentary?! I don't mean this to sound sarcastic -- but I find that very, very curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks