What's new

HTF Fantasy Football '09 (1 Viewer)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
HTF Fantasy Football '09 is now underway. Last year's owners have been notified and will have until 8/9 to sign up if they wish to play again this year. After that date I will post the number of remaining open slots in this thread and they'll be available to whoever else wants to play. There are no prizes beyond bragging rights and the draft is set for 8/23 at 8PM Eastern Time.

Every year I debate whether or not to renew this league but I've been running it since 2002 and it just seems wrong to let it die. Sure none of us are all that active here on HTF or in the fantasy league itself these days but there's just something reassuring about seeing the same team names year after year. It's about the tradition. The tradition of a league message board that remains completely empty from October through December. The tradition of one or two owners going AWOL each season. The tradition of one of those very same autopilot teams making the playoffs. And that my friends is fantasy football in a nutshell.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
All over this like a hobo on a ham sammich!! Calgary Hitmen will dominate this year! Please let me know when you have the details!!

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Sure none of us are all that active here on HTF or in the fantasy league itself these days but there's just something reassuring about seeing the same team names year after year. It's about the tradition. The tradition of a league message board that remains completely empty from October through December. The tradition of one or two owners going AWOL each season. The tradition of one of those very same autopilot teams making the playoffs. And that my friends is fantasy football in a nutshell.
I was actually going to decline when I read the email invite this morning. Then I come on here and read this heartfelt message. How could I say no?

I'm in for my 8th season!!!!!

Jerry
Chicago Carnage

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Never fear, the Claymores will be back to make everyone else look better than they really are.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Paul McGowan

All over this like a hobo on a ham sammich!! Calgary Hitmen will dominate this year! Please let me know when you have the details!!
Details sent via PM. Let me know if you have any trouble joining.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
The Krofft Superstars are on the fence. Had to take a year off (2008) after my third place finish of 2007 in the HTF II Hi-def league (yahoo).

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
OK, the league is now open for anyone else who wants to sign up and play.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/htf_se
password: oar

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Michael Warner

It's about the tradition. The tradition of a league message board that remains completely empty from October through December. The tradition of one or two owners going AWOL each season. The tradition of one of those very same autopilot teams making the playoffs. And that my friends is fantasy football in a nutshell.
I can't do the FF thing anymore because I can't afford another huge timesuck, but I wanted you to know that made me laugh my ass of.

Because it's so true.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
From what I can see, we still need one more team to join our league or it will not allow us to draft. Although I am not the commissioner of our league, I am asking anyone to join, as I already took off from work for tonight's draft.

Michael, if I am out of line offering this invite, please excuse me, but I really look forward to this league every year, and I am anxious for us to get our draft in tonight.

tyler

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Yeah I just noticed that. If we're still one team short at 8PM ET I'll let my son join in to round out the lineup. We have a hard enough time getting folks to participate so I don't want to boot anybody from the league. C'mon folks, one more intrepid owner needs to step up and fast or we're all apt to get our butts handed to us by an 11-year-old!

Yahoo Fantasy Football
league ID: 420209
password: OAR

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks