HTF consensus: KY Derby winner?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Larry Fletcher, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Larry Fletcher

Larry Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

Just wondering who the HTF forum members think will win.

my pick = Smarty Jones (sentimental pick also [​IMG] )

2. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

Good pick! [​IMG]

I would have broken even with the bets I was going to place (Smarty Jones, Master David, and a throwaway on Quintons Gold Rush), so it's just as well I didn't make it down to Turfway this afternoon to place them.

3. Mary M S

Mary M S Screenwriter

Hope you had a bet on him?! I missed watching it. But will try to not forget the Preakness coming up, things might get exciting.

Not a bad payday for Smarty (6 mil).

Honestly I was more intrigued by Imperialism, trained by 21-year-old Kristin Mulhall. What a feat, he placed in the money!!!

You go girl [​IMG]

I guess Smarty showed his several removed top/bottom lines did pass the distance gene down. I do like the fact he had naysayers in that area and but I dont' think his win was due simply to the fact that the track favored the 'fast'. Great for the owner/trainer that sticky conditions do not phase him. He was running great in warm ups last weekend on a dry 'good' track. He seems to have it all if he can stay healthy.

4. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Yeah, good call. I lost. [​IMG] I bet Imperialism, Master David, and Quintons Gold Rush.