What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (1 Viewer)

Carlos67

Auditioning
Real Name
Carlos
Luis,

I have the same problem with this movie. I updated the OPPO firmware via INternet but still it doesn't work. It only shows the movie trailers but when the menu comes up I cannot navigate through it.

Originally Posted by Luisito34

Yeah, my player just needed an update. It was my first time experiencing a firmware problem so I wasn't sure what the heck I was supposed to do. I returned one disc only to have the second disc not play so I finally contacted the manufacturer (Oppo) and they sent me a CD-R. People shouldn't have to go through hassles like this to watch movies.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Originally Posted by Carlos67

Luis,

I have the same problem with this movie. I updated the OPPO firmware via INternet but still it doesn't work. It only shows the movie trailers but when the menu comes up I cannot navigate through it.

Carlos - don't give up just yet. To me this movie was worth the hassle it took to finally watch it. Try ordering the CD version of the upgrade from Oppo. It's gotta work, unless you really have a defective disc. Have you tried it in another player? I tried my disc on a buddy's Panasonic player and it worked fine.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

The sound (all the way to the VERY, VERY END--after the credits--was really incredible. In fact, I'd say this audio track was one of the first that has really pushed my surround system in a long time. That might say something for the material I've been watching than anything else...but the sound field was just spectacular. Blu-ray is the way to go for this release as the visuals are quite intense also.

I hadn't read much about the film before-hand...but I was figuring that the explanation (spoilered by Ron above) must've been the reason for the addition of the other actors in the film. It did work rather well.

Congrats for being connected to such a splendid work. Where was your segment shot?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks