What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Silverado (1 Viewer)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wouldn't exactly call "Silverado" a recent western since in another three months or so, it will be 25 years since it's release year. A recent western like "Open Range" would more likely have that sound effect you're looking for. Besides that minor difference in opinion, thanks for the review as I'm looking forward to buying this BRD.

Crawdaddy

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
You know how it is, Crawdaddy. For folks of our vintage (Rich and me, maybe even you), 1985 just doesn't feel that long ago.

Thanks, Rich! I've been looking forward to this one, and although I had faith that Sony would do a good job, I'm happy to have confirmation. (I wonder how many people here remember the very first DVD with its botched AR.)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I remember it and have that and the fixed version.

25 years sure doesn't seem like so long ago to me but i see Robert's point.
This and Open Range are my 2 favorite recent westerns.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

I wouldn't exactly call "Silverado" a recent western since in another three months or so, it will be 25 years since it's release year. A recent western like "Open Range" would more likely have that sound effect you're looking for. Besides that minor difference in opinion, thanks for the review as I'm looking forward to buying this BRD.

Crawdaddy
I guess I didn't phrase that very well. I meant to say that one would expect to hear "whistling bullets" in a more recent western, but not necessarily from one made in 1985. Your point is well taken.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Good to hear this one got the right treatment though it would've been nice to have all the previous extras ported -- guess I might just keep the old DVD for that. Will probably pick this up at some point.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks