What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Battle of Britain (1 Viewer)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Colin Jacobson said:
I disagree with the original review's contention that the edge haloes only come in scenes where actors contrast agaiunst the sky - the haloes are everywhere. Indoors, outdoors - you name it.

I strongly suspect this is the same transfer as the 2006 DVD - MGM just plopped it onto a Blu-ray. The movie needs a new transfer - this one's got too much "artificial sharpness"... :(

It would be nice to see this on a BD 50 (instead of a BD 25) and with the MPEG-4 codec (instead of MPEG-2), and cleaned up. I think it looks better than its cousin "A Bridge Too Far", also on a BD 25/MPEG-2 w/ lower bit rate. They were both earlier format releases though.

Also, Anthony was probably just ribbing you for getting this thread out of mothballs :) ; very friendly people here.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Yes, it was just what I thought was a very mild joke (which I thought the poster would enjoy) about having revived such an old thread in such a new way ... little did I know I was going to trample on someone's sensitivities!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks