What's new

HTF Anime Discussion Part VIII (1 Viewer)

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Enjoyed the 2nd Scrapped Princess disc last night. We start to find out that there are a few different players in the world and that the prophecy is not cut and dried. The introduction of the peacemakers was interesting.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I just started up Kino's Journey last night. So far, fairly interesting and quite thoughtful.

Question, tho. I seemed to get an "interlaced" effect with some horizontal banding. Is this the way it is supposed to look, or is it my player?

Jason

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Not much going on with me. I finished up rewatching season one of GITS:SAC, and am through disk five of 2nd Gig.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Hi everyone!

Been a while since I posted in here, and been a while since I've bought or watched any anime. That said, I still need to complete buying Gankutsuou and Basilisk.

I have noticed a series that looks interesting. Anyone have thoughts on Le Chevalier d'Eon?

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
From what I saw of it, it's unusual. Starts out as a straightforward murder mystery, and by the end of the first episode you've got zombies, alchemists, secret societies, intrigues, and the decadence of the Bourbons.

Intriguing, but I didn't see enough of it to know if it goes anywhere.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
James:

Haven't seen it yet.

All:

I finished up GITS: SAC 2nd Gig, and started rewatching Mahoromatic.

John.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I have the first two DVDs so far, and I find it quite interesting. Based on a historical figure who lived half of his life as a woman, it uses that tidbit to put an occult storyline in the middle of pre-revolution France. I'm looking forward to see where things are going.

Jason

Ali B

Second Unit
Sorry to post this here, as I know there's a reference to this show in this thread somewhere, but I really don't want to look through 79 pages to find it!

The Lupin TV series discs from Geneon - which series are they? There are 79 episodes across 15 DVDs - is it the 2nd series? Do they have any plans to release the rest?

ali

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Ali:

The Geneon Lupin III disks appear to be a partial release of the second series. Geneon's official site hasn't been updated in some time (it still says Pioneer), and it only has information on the first 10 disks, so I would guess that Lupin III wasn't a money maker for them.

John.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I finished off Kino's Journey. A nice little show with a bunch of standalone episodes which ask some good questions about some of the stuff we do, or wished we'd do, in society. I'm looking forward to reading the first book.

Jason

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
I've watched a few disks in the last couple of days. I finished off Mahoromatic (along with the Summer Special), blew through rewatching Hellsing, and started on Vandread.

John.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I'm a couple of discs away from the end of Scrapped Princess and although still enjoyable it lost a lot of it's momentum with the amnesia that Pacifica now has. It might have been interesting for an episode or 2 but it really just drags on.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Looks like some movie theatres have bought a package they call the "Anime Bento Box" in the coming month. Re-issue of Cagliostro? I'm there.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
I finished up Cowboy Bebop (including the movie), and started rewatching Martian Successor Nadesico. One thing I noticed (other than that the art quality goes down somewhat on my 61") is that the subtitles on the first disk weren't very good. That is, they don't look very good when viewed on a large screen. The subs were much better on volume two.

John.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
I finally finished up rewatching Martian Successor Nadesico this weekend. I'm not sure what I'll be watching next.

John.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I saw a listing for a Season 1 box set for Full Metal Alchemist but I couldn't find too many details on it. Anyone know what all is contained in the set? Is it just a compilation of the previously released discs?

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
In case no one has seen the latest news over at AoD, Geneon USA is closing up shop on their DVD distribution and sales. Titles scheduled for 11/05 or earlier will be released; everything after 11/11 has been canceled. This makes me quite sad. Pioneer/Geneon is my largest distributor of shows (67 series and movies, or about 29% of my total). Their products always seem to be technically quite good. I have a feeling that Ergo Proxy will likely be the last new series from them that I complete.

John.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks