What's new

HTF Anime Discussion Part VII (1 Viewer)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Christopher:

Sol Bianca: The Legacy is a fun little OVA series. The PQ is great, and it was one of the first anime disks with both English and Japanese 5.1 sound. The story is pretty good, and the end wraps things up nicely. I haven't seen the LD, but the DVDs were well worth it. Recommended.

Rob:

I've had the opposite problem the last few days. At least I can take a day off, and watch some more anime tonight.

John.

Alanna

Second Unit
Just finished Fruits Basket...the following...
May contain Fruits Basket spoilers!!!

You have been warned.

Anyway I was kind of disappointed in the ending because I was *really* hoping Ms. Honda would hook up with either Yuki or Kyo or BOTH. Does this happen in the manga? If so Id be interested in reading it.. not really into manga in general though, it seems pretty expensive for how quickly one can read through it.. anyway that's all.

Guess that's not too big of a spoiler anyway.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Rahxephon is hell lot better than that craptastic Sailor Moon you're investing money into, Eric. You probably didn't understand the series. It happens. If you truly understood it, it's on par with most of the popular shows in Japan.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I'll throw my support in for RahXephon. A wonderfully disguised love story presented as a mecha story on the surface. I believe it is Episode 19 that I would consider one of the most moving episodes I have ever seen. Also has such a great ending.

Any word on when the RahXephon movie is getting a U.S. release?

Eric F

Screenwriter
I don't like something, therefore I didn't understand it.:rolleyes

Are we going to bash other people's opinions? I can post to usenet if that's the case.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Thanks for all the comments for Rahxephon. There were moments thatI liked better than others. I may revisit it later, but there are other series I need to finish first, plus I wouldn't mind checking out is FLCL. But I need to finish off Bebop, Trigun, and Excel Saga, plus I still have The Big O and Boogipop Phantom boxes to watch.

Stacey_B

Second Unit
Nonono...no bashing...:)
Rahxephon turned me off abit when I first started watching it but the more you get into the story the more you get hooked, you just have to watch more!
Stacey

PS. If anyone's interested, I'll be posting a bunch of my dvd's up for sale in the software forum tomarrow when I wake up.
I think the only anime I might get rid of is Maison Ikkoku box 1, I just can't get around to it and I don't know if I want to invest in 2 more boxes of it!
I'm also getting rid of books 1-7 of my Chobits Manga...I've read it twice..I think that's enough for me! :)

Why? Well, saving for the wedding! I'm $378 lower than I'd like to be...sigh....just wait till you see my giant orders I'll be making when we return though! muuhahaha...

Stacey_B

Second Unit
Okok Rob, but only if you promise to spell my name right...! :)

I'll hold it out for ya, send me an e-mail:
[email protected]

Yeeahh! I'm one step closer to Vegas already! hehe...
Actually, the reservations are all set, it's just the actual money for the trip that I need...
I Can't fathom coming home without a woopie cushion that says "I've been to Las Vegas" on it! :P
Stacey
Ps..I'd rather be at home watching anime! (I'm at work)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Stacey:

Ouch...having to sell parts of your collection :frowning:. I'm not sure I could do that.

James:

I agree :). I can't wait to rewatch it again, but it will be at least a couple of months.

All:

Having a day off from cleaning and moving was very nice :). I finished off Martian Successor Nadesico with volume 6. I think the parodic elements really make this series, and it's definitely fun to watch. It's a 'B'-series, and worth the time and money to pick it up. I also watched the first disk of Crying Freeman: Complete Collection. A touch of the ol' ultraviolence, I had only seen the first episode a while back on tape. It's old school, and certainly not for everyone, especially kids.

John.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Stacey:

Remember, we want photos of the wedding. :)

Anywho, anybody seen the movie Ju-Oh, The Grudge? A friend of mine recommended it to me.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
All right, I've posted the slush pile for sale.
Has anybody had the ability to compare the 5.1 and stereo Japanese mixes on the Tenchi Muyo OVA? I know that the Dolby Digital mixes were made for an LD boxset, and I don't know if the original stereo mixes were included with the DVDs. I just want to know if the surround effects are interesting to listen to, or not.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

I enjoyed Rahxephon, but I'm not big on giant robot-type anime (In fact, I generally avoid them). It does come across to me as very much like Evangelion-lite, with a romantic plot, rather than the darkness that Eva frequently ends up in instead.
But it was still excellently put together, and requires a bit of thinking.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I disagree Dave because there's a reason why the word friend is in "boyfriend" and "girlfriend". :) Your significant other should be your best friend. But that's my paradigm of thought at least. :)

Stacey_B

Second Unit
You will certainly all see pictures when we get back...hehe, I'll actually probrably just slap them up on a website and post a link ok?
I'm buying another memory card for my camera so...i anticipate Lots of pics! :)

John:
Not sooo big a deal selling a few things...it hurts but, I know it's for a better cause and don't worry...anything that is even remotly a favorite in any way isn't going anywhere! :)
Stacey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks