What's new

HTF 502 Bad gateway Errors (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The same 502 errors as before are back again for me. I barely got this page to load.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anybody else getting the below message when they log onto the forum's main page?

Uh Oh! It looks like the version of your javascript functions file does not match the version of your page_container_js_head template.

Your javascript functions file is version "1.5.16.0a_public".
Your page_container_js_head is version "1.5.10.0".

If your functions file version number is higher, ensure that you have merged all templates (especially page_container_js_head). If your page_container_js_head version number is higher, ensure that you have correctly uploaded the latest version of the javascript functions file and that you have cleared anything that could cache an old version of the javascript (CDN / Cloudflare / etc.).

This issue could cause parts of your forum to not display or function correctly. If this does not resolve the issue contact Audentio support. This error has also been logged to the javascript console.

Yes. I am.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Try clearing your browser cache if possible for the site.

I hate to admit I'm a dumbass about this sort of thing, but can someone explain to me how I can clear my Firefox cache (FF 61.0.1) for the HTF?

I'm still getting that HUGE message at the top of every HTF page. It's getting old.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ctrl + F5 should force a fetch of all new / updated files for the site.

Matt:

Thanks for the help.

I am seeing this message on both my home and work PCs. I just tried your Ctl + F5 trick on my work computer (which is running an older version of FF on Windows 7) and while the page refreshed, the message is still there. I also refreshed the page myself a couple times and it is persistent.

full

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It's gotten REALLY old now. Am I the only member still having this issue?
Hi Mike,

I just downloaded Firefox on my new Win10 PC and I don't see that banner (nor did I see it on my Firefox browser on my Macbook Pro). I honestly was going to try and type how to clear browser cache but realized it would 1) take a long time, and 2) require pictures to be helpful. So I used a little Google-fu skills and found this:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

Hopefully this fixes your problem!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Mike, basic question: what version of Firefox are you running? I ask because looking closer at your screencap, the top bar doesn't look anything like mine on both Windows and Mac. Now I realize we may be running different themes, which could account for the difference in menu bar appearance. But just double checking to see if running an old version of Firefox may be the problem. I keep mine on the latest version which is 61.0.1

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike, basic question: what version of Firefox are you running? I ask because looking closer at your screencap, the top bar doesn't look anything like mine on both Windows and Mac.

I am using an up-to-date FF at home...but an older version at work.

The reason, though, things look different, Carlo, is I use a FF extension known as "Classic Theme Restorer" which:

'Classic Theme Restorer' restores many customization features Firefox lost over time like old 'Firefox'-button, squared tabs, add-ons bar, small navigation bar buttons, old search, old preference window, old location bar menu, eye-friendly add-ons manager, old buttons and many more.

I'm very much a creature of habit.

But I've also never understood who wants their file tabs all the way at the top of their screen. They should be just above the browser window.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
To be honest Mike, I rarely ever run more than 4-5 tabs simultaneously. And I use keyboard shortcuts to quickly cycle between them so I don't even look up at the tabs. It's immaterial to me where the tabs are located because a quick Ctrl+Tab (or Shift+Ctrl+Tab to cycle backwards) gets me where I need to go in less time than it takes for me to life my hand from the keyboard and over to the mouse (without even factoring the time it would take to have to move the mouse up to select the correct tab).

Now if you're consistently running 8, 9 or more tabs for which tab location is helpful...then we just have different workflows and needs. I can't recall a time when I ran so many tabs that my Ctrl+Tab/Shift+Ctrl+Tab didn't get me where I needed to go in under a second. Of course I use a lot of programs like Logic Pro, Photoshop, etc. where keyboard shortcuts are life, and have just gotten used to using them over a mouse.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I use my mouse for most of my workflow and find that having the tabs adjacent to the workspace just makes sense for me.

I'm an old dog...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks