What's new

ht bedroom instalation (1 Viewer)

carolsguy1972

Auditioning
Real Name
shawn
Hi

My bedroom measures about 17 feet long and about 13-15 feet wide. I'll be using:
panasonic pasma veira 50inch
yamaha av htr 5250 amp offers 5.1 surrond dts,dsp, etc

mostly watch action movies and hd sports

Wondering what recomedations for speakers and sub can be offered. The walls are on and constrcted of lath and plaster and the ceiling are about three feet higher than what you would find in an average home, so in wall or ceilings is not possible.

could spend max $3000 and I also need a sub. I understand the auditioning process just hoping to narrow the search.

all advice welcome
Thanks
Shawn

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
It depends on your preferences. My bedroom is about the same size and I have a 42 inch LCD and have on-walls for the rears I picked up years ago and big bookshelf speakers for the left and right that I hung on the wall using Omnimount brackets. I recently painted the bedroom and painted the front and rear speakers the bedroom wall color. The bookshelf speakers I have stick out much further than on-wall speakers. So you need to decide what will fit and be within your preferences. Below is a pic of the bedroom system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks