What's new

HSU STF-2 Setup Help Needed (1 Viewer)

Mike-Gr

Grip
I just received my STF-2 the other day and am ready to calibrate my speakers and subwoofer and need some help with the initial settings for the STF-2.

My main question is what should the controls on the back of the STF-2 be set to initially. Controls are:

Phase switch: 0 degree or 180 degree. Should this be set to 0 degree

Volume: Probably set to 1/4 or 1/2

Crossover Frequency: Should this be set to what my A/V Receivers crossover is set at (i.e. 80hz)????

Crossover switch: Out or In. If set to Out the crossover is controlled by the A/V Receiver, so the crossover frequency dial would not be used.. is that correct???

I have the sub hooked up via the Sub In (LFE) connection.

I have my Avia disk and Radio Shack SPL Meter ready... so any help would be appreciated.

jwill242004

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Wilcox
Did you read the subs user manual yet, I believe all of this is in there. Im not trying to be a smarta$$, so please dont take it that way

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, it should be in the manual.

Start with 50% gain (volume), x-over bypassed (receiver should be handling that), 0 phase, with the receiver's sub level at 0 and see what that gives you on your first reading. Once you have the receiver and sub's volume handled, then switch between 0 and 180 phase to see which gives you better results. To adjust volume, use the sub's gain to get close, then dial it in with the receiver so you have room to adjust to taste easily with the receiver's settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks