What's new
World Wide Stereo

how to get power to my projector ? (1 Viewer)

PeteE

Stunt Coordinator
hi all, I just picked up a projector and am giong to install it in a finished basement. So how do get power to the projector ? The nearest outlet is about 15 feet away and I would like to run the power cord in the ceiling behind the drywall. I don't have a problem making a few holes in the drywall to accomplish this either.

any suggestions ?

thanks in advance

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rick89114

Grip
Real Name
Richard
I read a lenghtly thread on the AVS fourm about the same issue mounting Plasma/LCD. Many said they punched the holes and ran the cables/power. There was alot of concern about "code", to be in code you must put an actual outlet at the point of mounting and no extension cords/power cords are to be run in the walls. Some people said whats the difference in wall or in one of those cable hiding moldings. Other warned about possible fire if its not to code. Sorry I didnt save the link to the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks