What's new

HOW THE WEST WAS WON in Cinerama coming to L.A. (1 Viewer)

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
I read this on the arts.movies.tech newsgroup. There's no mention of it on the Arclight website yet, but if John Sittig says it's coming, that's enough for me. The moviegoing experience of a lifetime.

ArcLight Cinemas, Hollywood will present HOW THE WEST WAS WON
in the original 3 strip Cinerama projection process and 7 channel
magnetic stereophonic sound for a one week engagement beginning
Friday October 28 in the Cinerama Dome. There will be two performances
daily at 1:30 and 7:30 pm. Reserved seat tickets will be available for
purchase at the theatre box office or on the ArcLight website
(www.arclightcinemas.com) beginning October 6. We are also working on a
one night special presentation of Dave Strohmaier's award winning
feature length documentary, "CINERAMA ADVENTURE" (date to be announced
shortly.) I invite you to look in rec.arts.movies.tech comments from
our last presentation of HTWWW in September 2003.
This is an event you won't want to miss.

John Sittig, director, Cinerama Inc.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Back in 2003, I watched that same film in that theater. I along with some other HTF moderators had a great time.

Crawdaddy

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I've seen this three times at the Seattle CINERAMA. I imagine the Los Angeles experience will be just as stunning. The train robbery sequence must be one of the greatest action set pieces in all of cinema!!!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Wow! I have NEVER seen this on the big screen, let alone in Cinerama. Since I live about 10 minutes from the Cinerama Dome, I think it's safe to say, I'm definitely not going to miss this. Thanks for the heads up!

Brian-W

Screenwriter
FYI - I've been wanting to see this again (really badly - either here or in Seattle), and I emailed both theaters, and only the Arclight responded. And the news was rather dire. I'll paraphrase the email I got...

"Thank you for your interest. Our slate has been pretty full with all the new movies coming out this summer. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that HTWWW will ever be shown again. We've been getting a few requests lately for HTWWW, and I've forwarded your request onto programming. If they get enough requests, they'll arrange a screening."

It's the "unlikely to ever be shown again" that has me really concerned. An amazing movie, and one of a couple of theaters that can show this movie properly. I don't expect Arclight to run this movie all the time, but it has been a couple of years at least, and it's such an amazing film. The time I got to see it back in 2003 was pretty amazing - even saw Steven Spielberg there with his son.

I'm just clamoring for some Cinerama...

So if you're interestd, please, email the Arclight and request HTWWW!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks