What's new

How much difference is there between the M50ti and the M60ti? (1 Viewer)

StephenWE

Agent
I was originally planning on going with a Paradigm setup, but after reading a lot of reviews and threads on this site I have decided to switch to Axiom. I had picked out the

M50ti
QS8
VP-150

and I thought I was all set. Tonight I got the Sound and Vision buyers guide and noticed that the 60's have midrange drivers, whereas the 50's do not. The upgrade is close to $200, is it worth it?

Yes, I'm a neophyte.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
Have you LISTENED to any of these speakers yet?

I'm not saying Axiom are not good (they are) but what reviewers like mioght sound awful to you. Listen before buying.

I have listend to the Axiom 40, 50, 60 and 80. IMO (I might hear something totally different that you) the 40s and 50s were not all that great. The 60s KILLED the 50s by a big margin. The 80s were better than the 60s but not by miles.

I would have no problem justifying the extra $200 to myself for the 60s.

StephenWE

Agent
I don't know anyone with Axiom speakers, and it is my impression that they are only available through direct purchase.

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
I almost bought dahlquist speakers based on stellar online recommendations. I was about to drop a good amount of money on them to replace my paradigm performance line but luckily found a local shop to hear them at.

Best thing I've ever done. The sound wasn't for me. A huge change from what I was used to and what I really enjoyed.

I ended up buying paradigm studios instead and couldn't be happier that I got to listen before I bought. Despite all the rave reviews, some speakers just might not be your cup of tea. I've learned that I gotta listen and try stuff out before I drop the money on it.

StephenWE

Agent
I can definitely understand that. Luckily the Axiom's have a 30 day money back guarentee. I've gone to several Audio stores in the area and the one that had Paradigms didn't have the rears set up correctly. The fronts sounded really good though. If I don't like the sound I'll just ship them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks